MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help a complete novice identify the parts (see pics) I need and where I am likely to find them to buy. From the handbook I think the parts are to do with front fog lights/ indicators.

On the drivers side I think it is the front fog light front that has smashed? Do I need to replace this whole front fog light or can it be reactified by finding one part (along with a bulb)?
MG fog.jpg

On the passengers side, I believe the light bezel is missing? Also would this be a standard colour to match?

MG Bezel.PNG

Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,210 Posts
The fog lamp will need replacing as one part as the glass is ealed onto the back casing and not available separately - there should be plenty available from breakers yards or there are usually some on eBay. The lamp units were the same for most of the MG Rover models, only differing in the fixing brackets required on some models (NB, the earlier 1995 to 2000 Rover 200 ones are the same design too, but have a different shaped connector to the wiring loom, and some of this type have been retro-fitted to later cars by previous owners, so worth taking note of the type of connector on yours and ensuring you get one to match). On your ZR the lamp units are fixed direct to the bumper moulding with three self tapping type screws which fasten into spring clips fitted to the plastic of the bumper. Should be fairly easy to swap (although I have experienced the screws getting firmly rusted into the spring clip and needing plenty of penetrating fluid to free them).

The plastic lamp surround is specific to the Mk2 ZR (the Mk2 Rover 25 surround is a different shape), and just clips in without any seperate fastenings involved. There are always some on eBay, but usually with a silly expensive asking price. Brand new ones can still be got from XPart resellers, but again are silly expensive. The cheapest source is likely to be a second hand one from a breakers yard (when and if they are opening?). They were all uncoated black plastic when new, but most have weathered and are no longer properly black (and many nowadays have lost the colour to the point that they are light grey!). Quite a few people have painted them to freshen them up; either with satin or gloss black to return them to original appearance, or have colour coded them to match the colour of the car (as MG Rover did on the Mk2 ZR-X concept).

·
Registered
mg_zr
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've taken a look at the fog lamp connector. Hopefully someone could advise which shaped connector is on my MG to ensure I get the corect replacement to match? IMG_4130.PNG

I'm waiting for someone to send me a link to a specific breakers yard on FB but wondering if this eBay listing would be suitable for my model MG ZR 105 Trophy SE 2005 and I need driver side. This part is for Front, Right.

GENUINE ROVER 25/45/75 MG ZR ZS SPOT FOG DRIVING LIGHT LAMP XBJ105500 COMPLETE | eBay

As to the plastic lamp surround specific to the Mk2 ZR which I need for the passenger side, think this eBay listing would be suitable as for nearside?

MG ZR MGZR Late Models LH Front Foglamp Bezel Black DXB000510PMA | eBay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts