MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the springs at the front will be a different rating but aside from that is the way they bolt to the car identical?

Having a crisis in that all the boys on the Civic forums say that only the ZS180 suspension fits the MB6 civic (same body shell as the 400/45/400 hatch)

I can't see it and if anything suspension from a ZS 120 would be better as the civic only has a 1.8 so the springs would be better suited.

PURRRLEEEAAAAASEEEEEE can someone put this to bed for me :)

Cheers

Russ

·
Registered
rover_25
15 Posts
the front springs on a diesal zs/45 are the same as the kv6 where as the rears are the same on 1.6/1.8etc if this helps

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Shocks sre the same on 120/180.Just the front spring rates are different

Shroon
Shocks are different too! A little more comfortable on the 120.

But to answer the original question, the mountings are the same but is the Hondas 1.8 not closer in weight to the KV6 than the K4?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Shocks are different too! A little more comfortable on the 120.

But to answer the original question, the mountings are the same but is the Hondas 1.8 not closer in weight to the KV6 than the K4?
Your spot on,just rechecked the part numbers:slap:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dunno

The B18c4 1.8 vtec is not exactly a huge lump

lets face it not gonna be massively lower is it?

maybe 5mm or something

·
Registered
110 Posts
Having a crisis in that all the boys on the Civic forums say that only the ZS180 suspension fits the MB6 civic (same body shell as the 400/45/400 hatch)

I can't see it and if anything suspension from a ZS 120 would be better as the civic only has a 1.8 so the springs would be better suited.

sonic, i can confirm that only yesturday i had a set of evo coilovers fitted to my 04 (facelift) zs 180. the kit was labled for a civic crx but the part numbers matched my 180 zs. after calling evo they confirmed that it would fit. well they fit perfectly and im enjoying a very low and very hard ride :p

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
sonic, i can confirm that only yesturday i had a set of evo coilovers fitted to my 04 (facelift) zs 180. the kit was labled for a civic crx but the part numbers matched my 180 zs. after calling evo they confirmed that it would fit. well they fit perfectly and im enjoying a very low and very hard ride :p

care to give us a link?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm sure the suspension was much harder on my 120 than my 180!! No-one could write a text in my car when the 120 was being driven.

·
Registered
mg_zs
84 Posts
The lowered suspension on my 420 SDi is from a Honda 1.8.
The Honda unit is known for being a heavy engine.
It is standard shocks with unknown 35/40 mm springs.
The ride is very good, not crashy or silly low.

Before.

After

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone confirm if they have tried standard civic crx dampers and if they where a good match in regards to dampening rate??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts