MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, haven't been on here for a few years (been lucky I guess.) My wife's ZT-T cdti has started to misbehave. It either starts first turn or else you can crank from now until the battery flattens. One interesting thing is that when it misbehaves, you can hear the cabin fans blowing even with them all turned off! and then just as you are losing the will to live, it will just start

It is an auto so have tried moving the shifter out of Park and back but still no joy.
The battery had flattened a bit due to the earth lead working loose on the -ve terminal and gave it a 24hr trickle charge. At the end of that, it was still pulling a charge, more than I would have expected but started fine only to play up a bit later restarting when still warmish.

Any thoughts please? I had thought crank shaft sensor but it does eventually fire when warm.

Thanks in advance. Clive

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Not had a diesel, but rotated and blocked fuel filter is possible, if it hasn’t had the fabled orange clip (FOC) fitted. Could be lots of other things though. Is it well serviced?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts