MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Cardiff yesterday and saw SAIC MG had a Tesla style showroom in the indoor shopping centre with an MG3 and an EV in it. This should raise their profile and help their sales!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
TBH, they would also need to devote time and effort with their after sales especially given that there seems to be a very wide gulf between a really good MG dealer that looks after you when things go wrong to the one's that couldn't give a damn after when they have made the sale.

I have been fortunate with Apple MG whom have sorted me out when I've had issues with my 18 reg ZS but I have read elsewhere that some other dealers haven't been so helpful when owners have been having problems.

Cheers..

·
Registered
36,379 Posts
I agree that [Jobs] Apple-type mall shops with satellite servicing areas should be a way forward particularly where high rents are at their worst. WLMG with the dealership at MG's Marylebone HQ and a servicing and sales facility along the A40 is perhaps another example, although quite a big showroom not in a shopping mall.

Bear in mind that in neither case are we talking about MG Motor. The Cardiff mall shop is a branch of MG's biggest-selling dealer Nathaniel who are based at Bridgend but now additionally have a dealer on the same motor mile as ex-MG-dealers Fordthorne and never-MG-dealers-in-the-Welsh-capital CarShop.

Nathaniel have recently promised their customers whose cars were caught up in the Welsh floods of the last couple of weeks a free car for a month while things are sorted out.

It's worth following Nathaniel on Facebook.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts