MG-Rover.org Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not sure if this is a further symptom of the misfiring issue, but I would be interested to hear views on this. Drove to work this morning and felt that the car was a little low powered. So, parked up - in neutral - and sat for a minute or so and the idle was a bit lumpy, but only slightly noticeable. Anyway, decided to press the accelerator to rev the engine. Even with my foot to the floor, the car refused to rev past 3,000rpm. No matter what I did, the car would not rev past 3,000rpm. Now, I did wonder if this was a way to protect the car from over-revving, but as said earlier, happy for owners to comment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Swimmy

This is a symptom of the kangaroo GPF fault. My car will not go over 3000 rpm when the fault manifests and it wont kick down even with the accelerator hard to the floor. Also, the idle in mine when in kangaroo mode is erratic. Sometimes it even bounces from 900 revs to nearly 1500-1600 like its revving itself up on its own when you have your foot on the brake. Do you get low mpg as well - I have videos showing my car doing 14.1mpg!!!!!

I am still awaiting responses from my dealer as of today.

·
Registered
mg_zs
9 Posts
Hi Swimmy

This is a symptom of the kangaroo GPF fault. My car will not go over 3000 rpm when the fault manifests and it wont kick down even with the accelerator hard to the floor. Also, the idle in mine when in kangaroo mode is erratic. Sometimes it even bounces from 900 revs to nearly 1500-1600 like its revving itself up on its own when you have your foot on the brake. Do you get low mpg as well - I have videos showing my car doing 14.1mpg!!!!!

I am still awaiting responses from my dealer as of today.
Hi I also get the occasional misfire its not heavy but is noticeable but my ZS auto will not rev above 3000 rpm but in drive the revs appear normal, mine is a October 2018 exclusive.

John M1EFP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update on my dealer and finance company......

The dealer will not accept video evidence of the faults (even though they have witnessed them with their own eyes before on a test drive). Videos of the kangaroo, 14.1mpg, doors not opening are not acceptable unless one of their engineers is present!!!!!! They are no longer willing to communicate on the matter via email unless instructed. So, I am back to an independent report. Only taken 4 weeks to go round the houses. They are playing a very good long game on this and now coronavirus has them shut down. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Update on my dealer and finance company......

The dealer will not accept video evidence of the faults (even though they have witnessed them with their own eyes before on a test drive). Videos of the kangaroo, 14.1mpg, doors not opening are not acceptable unless one of their engineers is present!!!!!! They are no longer willing to communicate on the matter via email unless instructed. So, I am back to an independent report. Only taken 4 weeks to go round the houses. They are playing a very good long game on this and now coronavirus has them shut down. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
Maybe this is now time to email Auto Express' WatchDog team?

Let them have access to the video also.

Cheers..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I think you are right. If anyone else who has this issue and would like to join me and contact Auto Express, RipOffBritain and Watchdog etc please PM me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Please have a look at this:

Good luck!

Cheers..
Thanks - I have filled in the website form and its says someone will call me. At £199 its not cheap though! I assume this cost can be claimed back from the dealer or finance company at some stage.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Thanks - I have filled in the website form and its says someone will call me. At £199 its not cheap though! I assume this cost can be claimed back from the dealer or finance company at some stage.
Yes, as long as the report is accepted by the finance company then I can't see any reason why this cannot be reimbursed to you.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You may wish to reach out to Glennbtn about the rejection process via the Financial Ombudsman as he had his ZS successfully rejected owing to a severe rust problem:

This is his website documenting the issue that he had:

Here's the Honest John web page that he started:

He also confirmed that he got his money back for the Dekra report.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
41 - 52 of 52 Posts