MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I had a bad oxygen sensor, for long, it was giving very low volt reading! after I put a new one, I turn ignition key position 2 with the engine off gives about 0,80 volts line! I turn the ignition on,(line picked up while the starter turns the engine to start, after few seconds started volt goes above 1 volt lost from the screen!!!! is anything like relay or cables stacked?

Thank you for your time!!!!!

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disappointed!!!

Hi to all members! I am disappointed that I don't have a reply on this and to be unable to find an answer even though I Google for it a lot!!

I found out also that even If I disconnect the oxygen sensor the voltage remains the same with the engine stopped!!! Is it a short circuit? I checked all the cables with my multimeter and they are ok!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Tbh if you suspect the oxygen sensor, the easiest thing to do would be to replace it with a known good one (new or from another Rover) and see whether that sorts it. Unfortunately your car would be pre OBDII compatible to assist with the fault finding.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!!

Hello and thank you for your reply!!! The sensor is brand new but universal!!! With the previous one the car was like kangaro but with this one is stable! i put some resistance to the cable some ohms and now stays under 1 volt and it seems it is working in closed loop! the sensor works between 0.7 to 1 volt and goes under this when I depress and press again the acceleration! I wait to work and buy the bosch!!!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hello and thank you for your reply!!! The sensor is brand new but universal!!! With the previous one the car was like kangaro but with this one is stable! i put some resistance to the cable some ohms and now stays under 1 volt and it seems it is working in closed loop! the sensor works between 0.7 to 1 volt and goes under this when I depress and press again the acceleration! I wait to work and buy the bosch!!!
the universal ones ones are useless mate

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct! I wait to work in the summer and buy the Bosch!!!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Good luck with the new sensor. You could try a known good one off another car before paying out for a bosch one, or get one off a scrapped car (although I guess there are not many around where you are!)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
A damaged Cat will only cause the rear O2 sensor to switch which in itself will not have any bearing on fuel or emissions other Than bringing on the MIL lamp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts