MG-Rover.org Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
So sorry to hear your news. I have spent only a small percentage of what you have done on my car and I know I would be devastated. To look on the bright side, you and nobody else was hurt in the fire. That is worth thousands :)

·
Registered
mgf
806 Posts
Terrible news :(

I can't help but look at your username and think...oops

When I saw your user name I reckoned this is a wind up, hope it is, if not so sorry to hear. I just fitted the neon strip lights to my door cills, better check the wiring again after hearing this. get all your receipts ready for the insurance!!!!! you had fire and thieft I presume. What year was she? Can you post a photo of the shell for the technical interests when your up to it ?

·
Registered
mgf
3,976 Posts
Sorry to read this, but, as others have said, you are okay yourself, and at the end of the day, it is only a car.... Crass I know, but that's how it is...

This also happened to a couple from the north of Sweden last year... only they were driving it at the time!!! Just about pulled up in time, the whole back end was well burnt.....

·
Registered
rover_75
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks for all your kind words. I personally think it was set on fire by somebody; rather than an electrical fault. I now recall seeing a hole in the roof before it was ablaze and it was the seats and console between the seats that were on fire; not the engine or the dash/bonnet.

Jesus I must have really upset somebody!

I think my MG ownership days are over

·
Brooklands Winner 2012
mg_tf
1,951 Posts
Just read thru this thread , well as everyone has said and I will add , mate that's not what you want before Xmas or at anytime, glad you were not in it, finding the fault will obviously be the next step ..! Hope all goes well with insurance .. Having lots of pics of the respray stage. Will assist in yr claim . Fingers crossed

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks for all your kind words. I personally think it was set on fire by somebody; rather than an electrical fault. I now recall seeing a hole in the roof before it was ablaze and it was the seats and console between the seats that were on fire; not the engine or the dash/bonnet.

Jesus I must have really upset somebody!

I think my MG ownership days are over
Oh Jeez, that's even worse! Bad enough when it's an accident but deliberate vandalism. Don't say too much on here if you have but any ideas on potential perps? This is pretty serious stuff for someone to carry out if you just jabbed someone in the buttcheek with a foil or epee?

·
Registered
33,208 Posts
I had my suspicions to be honest.

It's not bad up here, but the last thing I would do is leave my car on the side of the road. I have seen a few broken down cars that were torched the next night, simply "for a laugh".

Don't get paranoid. It was probably just some passing mindless idiots. No consolation for you, but they probably weren't after you personally.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts