MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mgc
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have recently acquired 3 MGs - 1971 MGB Roadster - !968 MGB GT - 1969 MGC GT. Being new to MGs I require some info please.
I need to replace the batteries. What type of 12v battery will fit these cars? Also, did they have plastic battery compartments as standard?
I will have a lot more questions in the future, but I would like to fit batteries first.

Regards
Les

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Hi,
I have recently acquired 3 MGs - 1971 MGB Roadster - !968 MGB GT - 1969 MGC GT. Being new to MGs I require some info please.
I need to replace the batteries. What type of 12v battery will fit these cars? Also, did they have plastic battery compartments as standard?
I will have a lot more questions in the future, but I would like to fit batteries first.

Regards
Les
Hi Les,
where in NZ or Aus are you located?

Congrats on acquiring 3 great MGs! In NZ just ask the AA battery guy to give you one taht suits. Have not heard of plastic battery compartments, but then I only own a 1975 MGB GT Jubilee, so don't know about the older models. I would not expect that any of them had a plastic battery compartment.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,896 Posts
Hi,

Regards
Les
Lucky you!

Hi and :welcome:

Had several MGBs and sold the last thirty years ago. IIRC, they had TWO 6 volts batteries, one either side of the propshaft behind the seats to provide the 12 volts necessary.

I would love to have an MGC ....

BTW, over on MG BBS there's a wealth of worldwide B and C owners many who have been there done that and have a wealth of useful knowledge of these fine old cars. Amazing that so many still exist worldwide.

This is the site I use. Sign up if not already a user :~

http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&access=&mode=lastpost

1 - 5 of 5 Posts