MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
National Rover Club

The National Rover Club was set up to organise meets for all MG & Rover enthusiasts in the North West England and North Wales areas. It was set up due to the lack of meets in these areas, specifically for the Rover brand.

On October 8th, we held our very first meet a Botany Bay in Chorley and it was a great success for a first meet, with 22 cars in attendance. We had such a variation of not only cars, but people, from young to old, some who lived close by, and some who travelled from afar, and it was a privilege to have these people with us.

With the success of our first meet, I definitely saw the potential for meets in the North West area, and come spring time, we will be doing regular monthly meets at various locations all over the North West and North Wales. Not many clubs do this, normally a local club has a particular meeting point which they attend every month, or fortnight, and that location never changes. I don't knock this at all, it's much easier to manage and people know where they're going. But to keep things interesting, to cater for people in a wider area, I've chosen to have different locations for each meet. This will become more effective in the future when we have more members, and switch to fortnightly meets where locations may be too far for some people one fortnight, but good for the next, essentially making it a monthly meet for some.
The other benefit to this dynamic location system is that people get to visit new places and meet new people every time they come to a meet, which helps to build our family even stronger.

As the club grows bigger and meets become larger and more frequent, it will be necessary for me to get volunteers to be Meets Organisers, who can organise meets at certain locations that are more local to them, than they are to me. There may also be a time where I'm unable to get to a meet, and require somebody to take control on my behalf, and this is where Chapters come in to play, but that's something for the distant future if and when the club expands to a level where it is required.

But, right now, we have a steady member base, and ultimately I just want to reach out to people in the North West England and North Wales area, and let you guys know, there is a club, with meets, that you can attend, no matter what kind of MG or Rover you drive. Stock, modified, classic, modern, it doesn't matter.

We have a website which will feature all upcoming events, shows, members cars, and more.
We also have a forum, which, when it becomes active, there will be a subscribed group for a low monthly fee which will benefit members with discounts, and club merchandise.

NRC Website
NRC Facebook

Hope to see you in spring!

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
Congratulations on the success of your first meeting. It's not an easy task to arrange and to sustain the momentum but with that sort of turn out, the signs are good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts