MG-Rover.org Forums banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,589 Posts
Me neither and I'm a supporter as well! I don't understand how that weird access is working...
Ok, in that case I assume albums are created at time Mean & Green was a Supporter. After his subscription expired albums become invisible as this feature is no longer granted for him.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ok, in that case I assume albums are created at time Mean & Green was a Supporter. After his subscription expired albums become invisible as this feature is no longer granted for him.
I was a supporter back then yes. I've never seen the albums again since my subscription expired.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Chucking it down with rain here today, but I've been busy tarting up the Rover. These are just the first subtle touches which I think make all of the difference to the overall appearance of a car...

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Old vs new...

BEFORE

AFTER

I'm itching to strip the arch liners out and clean and paint the underside, but I'm waiting on new fixings for the arch liners to arrive first. Some nicer weather would be a bonus too!

Some new strut top nuts in stainless steel, plus some Dark Ice strut top caps...

I've got some stainless 'dress up' bolts for the engine, but I need a new rocker gasket before I fit those.

A wash is on the cards for this afternoon!

Lastly the MG hiding from the rain!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh michael i'm so sorry for not seeing this post , with chatting to you on fb most days now i hadnt actually seen this thread until now , what a cracking little car , and i see your doin it justice , you will end up like me you know with another car too good to use LOL

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Oh michael i'm so sorry for not seeing this post , with chatting to you on fb most days now i hadnt actually seen this thread until now , what a cracking little car , and i see your doin it justice , you will end up like me you know with another car too good to use LOL
Ha ha! that's ok :)

Thanks and I know, it could become a slippery slope to OCD MG-Rover'ness here, but I'm going to try keeping it nice (AND) still use it! The MG is my baby and that's why the Rover is here after all, so hopefully I won't go too mad :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ha ha! that's ok :)

Thanks and I know, it could become a slippery slope to OCD MG-Rover'ness here, but I'm going to try keeping it nice (AND) still use it! The MG is my baby and that's why the Rover is here after all, so hopefully I won't go too mad :D
I said the fords were my babies and the mg was a runabout :surprise::grin::nerd:

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,589 Posts
Definetly these little things improve the apperance much. :broon:

If I can ask if these stainless steel bolts with Dark Ice designe strut cap are still available, and if yes from where? Link?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,589 Posts
I asked MG Mania if they will post nuts to Croatia, just to be sure, and to my surprise they answerd NO.

My surprise was because they have a lot of items they are shipping to Croatia, but I do not know why they do not want to ship this one?

However, I see they will ship this item to Croatia: MGZT-T MG ZTT Stainless Front Top Suspension Mounting Nut Kit | eBay . As I am not sure if these nuts are the same as for ZR I asked them if the nuts are M10, but they did not bother to reply to me at all.

I am very surprised with such attitude from them as I got impression they are good sellers. Now I have serious doubts.

Do you know if nuts for ZT are the same one for ZR?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I asked MG Mania if they will post nuts to Croatia, just to be sure, and to my surprise they answerd NO.

My surprise was because they have a lot of items they are shipping to Croatia, but I do not know why they do not want to ship this one?

However, I see they will ship this item to Croatia: MGZT-T MG ZTT Stainless Front Top Suspension Mounting Nut Kit | eBay . As I am not sure if these nuts are the same as for ZR I asked them if the nuts are M10, but they did not bother to reply to me at all.

I am very surprised with such attitude from them as I got impression they are good sellers. Now I have serious doubts.

Do you know if nuts for ZT are the same one for ZR?

I've only just seen this post. I think the ZT nuts are the same, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I'm surprised you're having this trouble as I've bought things from this seller a few times for my ZR in the past as well as recently for the 25.

If you like and if you're willing to pay me via PayPal I will order the fixings for you and when I receive them I'll post them to you at your cost if you're willing to trust me?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,589 Posts
I've only just seen this post. I think the ZT nuts are the same, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I'm surprised you're having this trouble as I've bought things from this seller a few times for my ZR in the past as well as recently for the 25.

If you like and if you're willing to pay me via PayPal I will order the fixings for you and when I receive them I'll post them to you at your cost if you're willing to trust me?
No, nuts for ZR and ZT are not the same. See here: http://forums.mg-rover.org/mg-rover-related-chat-up-2005-2/fao-roverlike-~-front-suspension-nuts-r25-v-r75-815697/

Very generous from you to offer me buying it for me. I trust you, no question about that, and I probably will take your offer, but not yet, as I am now in some other engagements regarding radios in both my cars. So I will make raincheck if that is fine with you?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well 440 miles covered with my 'new' 25 in just over 2 weeks.

It seems to be running very well 'touch wood'. I was sitting in a traffic jam yesterday in the sun as it was a warm day and I'm pleased to find the fan was cutting in and out as it should. I was a little worried as I know I've had to change a coolant sensor on the ZR before as it's fan was staying on all of the time. Saying as this 25 has spent so much of it's life sitting around I am expecting a couple of niggles like that, but so far it's good. No coolant leaks as of yet, so the IMG is good for now and the radiator is mint, no corrosion on it at all which is nice!

I've replaced the rusty battery clamp with a stainless one (pics to follow when I get a chance), new blingy oil cap again pics to follow and I've ordered a rocker cover gasket as there is a slight weep from that area at the front of the engine.

New fixings have arrived from Rimmers to replace the old ones in the arch liners for when I strip those out to clean it and add some protection under there.

New head unit is now fitted, I've now got my iPod hidden away and wired up in the glove box, so no USB sticks or wires hanging about anywhere to be seen which I like.

I do have one irritating niggle though, the front passenger door has an annoying rattle. I've pulled the door card off and found it was missing a couple of clips. I've replaced the clips with new ones from my stock, but it's not really made much of a difference. I noticed the polythene membrane is missing from that door and I know that the garage I bought it from did replace a handle linkage in there before I took possession of the car, so no doubt it's got something to do with them!

The car is crying out for a proper detail, I've now got an MBB Starlight Silver touch in pen for the odd chip it has here and there. It has a few tar spots and rough to the touch areas of paint, so a de tar, clay, polish and wax are required soon. It's had another wash and a going over with Finish Kare Anti Static QD on Tuesday and it does look like it will detail nicely when I get around to it. TBH that's the least important job to be doing from my list, but I'll get there :)

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,589 Posts
Nice, post. I am enjoing reading it. I wonder regarding that ratle in front door if it is caused with missing fixings of linkage or simmilar? From my point of view you need to find source of the rattle to fix it. Did you try to close and open the door with door card removed to pinpoint where problem is?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,589 Posts
Nice, post. I am enjoing reading it. I wonder regarding that ratle in front door if it is caused with missing fixings of linkage or simmilar? From my point of view you need to find source of the rattle to fix it. Did you try to close and open the door with door card removed to pinpoint where problem is?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I had a similar problem with both my door cards : replacing broken clips didn't solve the problem as it should. So I put a little screw (painted the same color as the cards) at the very bottom of the card, not far from the big round corner, long enough to stick fermly the card to the door. The result is very efficient and the screw is nearly invisible unless you lie on the ground to find it out.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I had a similar problem with both my door cards : replacing broken clips didn't solve the problem as it should. So I put a little screw (painted the same color as the cards) at the very bottom of the card, not far from the big round corner, long enough to stick fermly the card to the door. The result is very efficient and the screw is nearly invisible unless you lie on the ground to find it out.

I will be considering adding something as the rattle definitely seems to be coming from the door card as when the car is moving if you press against the door card it stops making the noise.

I would of thought the new pins would of cured it. It is improved, but not silent. I'll have a bit more of a prod around before adding more fixings.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
A small update.

New oil cap...

Stainless battery clamp as the original was well past it's best...

Heko wind deflectors, only on the front as a 4 piece set seem to be like hens teeth at the moment...

A bit of polish with Sonus SFX 2 and then some Finish Kare sealant. Ok reflections for silver...

Oil & filter change next month along with the new rocker gasket and dress up bolts I've got for the car. I plan on taking a long weekend in the next month or so to get the arches stripped out, cleaned and painted.

The squeaking door card is ongoing. Miles better, but ongoing!

41 - 60 of 115 Posts