MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 2002 TF160.

I have been told that the oil cooler pipes are corroded. Looks like a difficult job. Anyone able to shed some light on it and where to get the parts from?

Val.

·
Registered
mg_tf
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm, the lack or reply suggests no one has any experiance of this. Anyone know where I can at least get the parts??

Val.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,915 Posts
I think it is the first time I have seen this question so I suspect it is quite uncommon for the oil pipes to corrode. I do know that others in the past have thought about retrofitting the oil cooler (I am assuming this is a 160?) and they have been put off with the lack of space with the engine in place.

It does look like Rimmer's have the parts albeit at a price MGF and MG TF Engine Oil Cooler - 1.8 | Rimmer Bros

·
Registered
mg_tf
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is the first time I have seen this question so I suspect it is quite uncommon for the oil pipes to corrode. I do know that others in the past have thought about retrofitting the oil cooler (I am assuming this is a 160?) and they have been put off with the lack of space with the engine in place.

It does look like Rimmer's have the parts albeit at a price MGF and MG TF Engine Oil Cooler - 1.8 | Rimmer Bros
Thanks Chris. Could be very helpful. Ta.

·
Registered
619 Posts
another option is to find local to you a hydraulics supplier to make you up a set, near me there is a firm called Designation, they sell and can also make up a set of oil pipes, I’ve already have had a chat with them and when I get round to fitting an oil to coolant heat extractor to my car they will be making up the pipework

·
Registered
mg_tf
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well all sorted now. Unfortunately the oil cooler pipes are no longer available and stocks have it seems been exhausted, even in Holland.

So! Done away with the cooler and a standard oil filter housing has been fitted.

The OE manufactuer has stopped trading and getting new pipes made up was a no go as they have an individual fitting which is no longer made not available. The cooler is still in place, but the pipes are now tide up out of the way incase I ever manage to get some pipes.

Val.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts