MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys n gals,
I've changed the rad and coolant sensor on my Mgf yesterday. Went for a decent bimble and all was fine. No fans came on, happy days.馃槑
This morning I broke self isolation for another bimble. All good. When I got back I turned the engine off. The went to restart and nothing except oil temp light as turning the key. Disconnect battery to reset computer. Still same and engine bay fan came on too while engine is cold.
Please advise.
Regards Chris.
Happy isolating

Registered
Hi guys n gals,
I've changed the rad and coolant sensor on my Mgf yesterday. Went for a decent bimble and all was fine. No fans came on, happy days.馃槑
This morning I broke self isolation for another bimble. All good. When I got back I turned the engine off. The went to restart and nothing except oil temp light as turning the key. Disconnect battery to reset computer. Still same and engine bay fan came on too while engine is cold.
Please advise.
Regards Chris.
Happy isolating
There is no oil temp light fitted.

Registered
MG TF 135
The MG Motors (Chinese) MG TF do have Oil Over-temp light fitted. If the oil temp sensor by the oil filter is open circuit the oil over-temp light will come on, but engine bay fan is controlled by water temp sensor and ECU on those models. Neither should cause it not to start when cold. Engine bay fan will run if water temp sensor is open circuit/unplugged whatever engine temp is. Would recommend reading OBD2 error codes.

Cheers Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts