MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not just Rover ones that are disappearing in NW London - Alperton Ford has just gone into receivership, and will be wound up in a few weeks.

Now, if MG Rover were looking to improve their dealer presence in NW London, they could do worse than to pick up that site...

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
I cannot find many dealerships on the other side of the river neither.
Is there any MG-Rover dealer in Zone 1 and 2? I can't find any!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
987 Posts
I agree the Alperton ford site would do them the world of good.
That place hasnt even been open that long either.

On the subject of dealers i found the other day while on the net.
Palmsville.

·
Registered
mg_zt
206 Posts
my local dealer was Four Seasons in Kingston - bought my Rover there - then they were dumped by BMW, and went with Peugeot. Now back with MG-R. Nice people - went to school with the workshop foreman and he knows his stuff.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was driving through Uxbridge/West Drayton the other day, and noticed a ZR parked on just about every street I drove down. Never seen so many MG Z's in one day! Must be the proximity to SMC Uxbridge, just goes to show if MG-R had better dealer coverage, they'd probably sell more cars!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
987 Posts
Well i heard today from a chap at work that palmsville has just closed also :( .

So my nearest dealer living in NW london now would probably be in watford , or hatfield, or SMC uxbridge.

I know some ppl have to travel to get to there dealer but no dealers in NW london is really beyond a joke in my eyes. :guns: :guns2: :twak: :cus: :toastie: :doh: :sad2:

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
It is a joke that the British company MGR does not have dealers in the capital city London. Well, may be a few, but they are far away from the central London.

Can you imagine only two Honda dealers in Tokyo, three Renault dealers in Paris or just one b*w dealers in Berlin? Well, probably the last one :p but how can there be only a handful of dealership in the area where 12 millions live? (within the M25)

·
Registered
mg_zt
206 Posts
There's Keens under the arches at Battersea Park - nearest I can think of to central london

I agree that greater dealer coverage is important - it's chicken and egg I guess. With MG-R's market share as it is, the volume just isn't there to suport dealers in every area, and particularly in areas where property prices are high. Hence the need for a volume small car to help dealers be more viable

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
78 Posts
Four Seasons open again - thanks for the info Phil - I'll go back to using them in future. Another MGR dealer on the other side of the river recently charged a mate of mine £60 per hour labour.
Regards
RS

Revive the Twickenham Cruise !

·
Registered
217 Posts
Palmsville hasnt closed still open, rang them for parts last week...bought my ZR there too...havent nothing to compare them too, but they seem ok...;)

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
The MG dealer in Hadley (Essex - Near Southend) closed a few months ago. I have to buy my car from Great Eastern in Chelmsford. Bugger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts