MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its been some 16 (painful) months wait, while our Tomcat was rested up...

but the time is drawing near to get the Tomcat back on the open roads & thats without all the hard spent 111 hours of refurbing the bodywork last year.....

NB- so the next/first hurdle is the re MOT (no problem lol).... fingers crossed though!!

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
336 Posts
Congraulations on your hard work and best of luck on the MOT.

Any pics of the restoration for us to dribble over?

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I have found an insurance company at long last,

our Tomcat now comes under classic car insurance being an agreed value based on picture confirmation of its spot on condition after last years referb, having two cars in our houshold with a fun car really keeps the cost of the insurance policy down much lower too,

so when the insurance is fully set up, we will book the car in for MOT, the brakes may well need cleaning up (but after 14 months stood up thats to be expected) but on the up side the pads & rear discs at least are not the older parts,

I did a lube service last weekend including, checking the engine/ brake oil, engine coolant, power steering fluid, screen washer bottle, I also checked the tyre pressures (with a new 12v compressor, being a very usefull tool), all the checks were ok,

NB more to come lol....

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it looks like the Tomcat `referb' completed last year will soon be put to good use,

as firstly our daughter has anounced her wedding to come in September & what a surprise the Tomcat is requested as her wedding car, this type of job is for the second time, as we had it as our wedding cat some 7 years ago now.... we even found the white ribbon from that special day in our odds box, so with a few adjustments it can be used again...

also in August this year it is the `West Hull car show' & this year our Tomcat is going to appear, if we had made it there last year it would have been the only one there, but I had only finished the referb & funds were tight on making it road worthy in time.....! but if I don't get it on the road by September this year our daughter will not forgive me lol....

NB pics to follow of both events...........

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well change of plan,

my daughter is using her `Ford Focus saloon' as her wedding hack..... (it needs a little `TLC & a valet', but all told it is an ideal wedding car!)

so the old TC is staying in the garage/storage for this winter....!

NB the good news is we save a few hundred on the costs of putting the tomcat back on the road so late in the season, so we will be doing this job next easter now, allowing all the spring/summer/autumn to enjoy it a lot more in 2015.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts