MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car this morning cut out on me and wouldnt restart. Called out the AA and he gave me these fauls P1E00 & P1E25.

I had this same problem (car cutting out) in the week and told it was my fuel pump, so i got a new one, installed it and the car worked fine for a day

From reading on the forums the 1st fault is a MAF sensor related, where can i locate this MAF sensor (Picture would be nice) and im rite in thinking if the car starts up straight away after disconecting the MAF, the sensor might need cleaning or replacing?

The 2nd fault is Cam sensor related? I heard u can test this by warming the engine block up, then taking the sensor out sticking it in the Frezer for 10 mins then back in the car, if that dont work its the sensor rite?

Could the MAF sensor cause the Cam sensor not to work or vis-versa?

My car is a 2003 MG ZT Diesil 2.0

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
1 Posts
my car this morning cut out on me and wouldnt restart. Called out the AA and he gave me these fauls P1E00 & P1E25.

I had this same problem (car cutting out) in the week and told it was my fuel pump, so i got a new one, installed it and the car worked fine for a day

From reading on the forums the 1st fault is a MAF sensor related, where can i locate this MAF sensor (Picture would be nice) and im rite in thinking if the car starts up straight away after disconecting the MAF, the sensor might need cleaning or replacing?

The 2nd fault is Cam sensor related? I heard u can test this by warming the engine block up, then taking the sensor out sticking it in the Frezer for 10 mins then back in the car, if that dont work its the sensor rite?

Could the MAF sensor cause the Cam sensor not to work or vis-versa?

My car is a 2003 MG ZT Diesil 2.0
I am having the same problem did you get yours fixed any light on this issue would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts