MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else finding Photobucket practically unusable nowadays due to aggressive ads and pop-ups?

·
Super Moderator
11,030 Posts
I agree the pop ups are a bit tiresome but it still works OK for me. You don't get free lunches very often these days. If you ever did.:frown:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The ad's and pop ups are nothing more than an irritation. Dealing with Photobucket is still a lot easier than dealing with the mother in law.

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
The ads are a pain but overall it's usable. Like TC says you don't get summat for nuffink. Plus, some day I might actually to get a boob job or lose a stone in 10 days.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,747 Posts
Photobucket is useless on my Windows Phone and Android Phone, on PC it is fine, but the best performance I have on my Tablet. Do not know why but I am pretty happy while it lasts.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
1 Posts
Great minds think alike

"Ive though about hosting pix on my almost unused web space. May give it a go one day. Anyone done this? "

No, but been thinking similar thoughts, and a few days ago uploaded pics I want to keep onto a freebie 10gig Yandex disc. Well if my PC goes pop and Photobucket disappears in puff of smoke then my pics will be safe beside the bit-coin wallet and Swiss bank pass details.
Now when I uploaded the pics I ticked the share box in-order to share with social media & the masses, but I don't do social media. So experiment time, if I post a pic here will it enable a link to my shared pics ?

https://yadi.sk/i/e2guzhVn3G8Wc2 = Single photo

https://yadi.sk/a/KVDT5Uau3GAkMW = Album

Safe to browse, nobody's nether regions on show. These are my "best of" using a Motorola phone camera.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Viking75

I have a few photos on pages on my websites that I have linked to but not actually used it as storage.
I also "stored" a few photos on my faceache account.
Being a MS Windows mobile fan I pay MS for cloud storage.
But in general, I upload photos I want to share to photobucket.

James

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same. I generally only upload photos l need to share to photobucket. I find it v. frustrating to use cos of the ads.

However, I have a low tolerance - i even paid to cut the are on this site! :surprise:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts