MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1133 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Ignore my ignorance but why is a hff the holy grail? Are they rare? Was it not a popular choice?
Nope nothing of the sort. There were a lot of tfs in hff, but it's the same colour as mine!:wink:

About 8.5k tfs on the road another 4k sorn.
A few different greens. Met. brg. HAM, Alumina (very light green met.) HFF (lighter shade pearl. than HAM) Brooklands (very dark green) Le mans brg (lighter than HFF), Biomorphic green monogram, goodwood green,

About 24,616 green mgfs made in various above colours. I do not know how many mgfs are on the road.

Mgtfs that were made = 41,656, 3353 in BRG HFF. I think that's about 8% of TFs made in HFF. So if there are 12.5k TFs and 8% in HFF there are roughly 1000 Tfs in HFF left. About 6/700 on the road. They may have faired better or worse than other colours so these figures can never be accurate. (probably way off)

Info taken from Deiters site, mgrover info and how many left.

·
Super Moderator
12,280 Posts
You cannot upload pictures if you are not a Supporter. You need to upload them to one of hosting services like photobucket and post links here surrounded with

·
Registered
719 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Barton's back!

Hi all :) Posted this earlier in the intro thread but posting here too for the TF crew and add a pic of the new addition.

I used to have a TF 80th Anniversary and after a number of years away (too many and all too quick) I have just returned to the fold after picking up a very nice TF LE500 (350/500) at the weekend, garage picture below.

Have had a quick browse around the forum and recognise a few familiar names and very much looking forward to being one of the gang again!

The new car is great, super condition and only 23k on it and it seems I've struck lucky with the weather to get used to open top motoring again. For the moment at least anyway.

Not planning on doing too much with the car although already booked in this afternoon for a Kmaps ecu swap :) and maybe a back box in the future.

Anyways, nice to be back, see you on the forum!

·
Registered
mgf
1,328 Posts
Lovely looking car, just in time for some nice weather. Had the top down on mine all week and have been loving it! - welcome back to the fold and hope you enjoy your new motor. Now, you'll probably find that your money will start disappearing fairly quickly on all the things you want to do to her......the list WILL grow further than you can think!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Lovely looking car, just in time for some nice weather. Had the top down on mine all week and have been loving it! - welcome back to the fold and hope you enjoy your new motor. Now, you'll probably find that your money will start disappearing fairly quickly on all the things you want to do to her......the list WILL grow further than you can think!!!
Thanks, been there and done that lol. Expensive times, especially when chasing horsepower. This time hopefully a bit older and a lot wiser!

..although did find myself looking at complete grenadine interiors on eBay and wondering what if lol.

Loved the drive back from the remap, everything felt a bit sharper and responsive and a very subtle addictive grumble on the overrun. Will definitely get a back box soon just to enjoy that sound a bit more without going too loud.

Fantastic weather for these cars isn't it. Still think they are fantastic fun for the money.

·
Registered
mgf
1,328 Posts
Still think they are fantastic fun for the money.
Mine's been the best £750 I've ever spent. Well, that and the several hundreds I've spent on her since :wink: - I've lost track of how much, but every penny has been spent well and I've enjoyed doing things to her. Last thing was a Trophy spoiler as per below:

Okay, as promised here are some pics of the finished project - I'll just leaved a link to them in the 'pics of your F or TF' below to save posting them twice:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/8513378-post1076.html

Thanks to all who helped me out with my request for measurements. I had to change the standard long aerial to a shorter one (£4.00 from a local motor factors) as the spoiler was catching it when opening the boot - actually, reception has improved. Although I did not physically make a template, I can post up a guide of what I did (which was quite simple, really) that might assist others - I'll try and add in some photo's with measurements etc as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks again chaps!

1081 - 1100 of 1133 Posts