MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mgf vvc
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all
i am now the proud owner of a july 2000, mgf vvc. its in good shape but there are a couple of things to sort out. Firstly the plastic window seems to have come detached from the hood - is it possible to easily fix this? And the steering wheel when driving is offset to the left - is it just a job of undoing the steering wheel nut and re centering? By the way this seems like an excellent forum

·
In the Garage
mg_tf
32,804 Posts
A very belated welcome :)

Regarding the window, has the plastic become detached from the fabric or is it an issue with the zip?

Before doing anything with the steering wheel I would have the tracking checked, it could be that in the past it has been badly done.

·
Registered
mg_tf
195 Posts
I’m very much with Chris T on this - it would be useful to know how exactly what is wrong.
Where abouts are you? I know a good source to get this done in my area - but probably not practical for you.
Steering wheel offset:- almost certainly due to someone adjusting the tracking by adjusting one track rod only, rather than taking up the adjustment equally on both sides. It may be impressive for them to ‘lock’ the steering wheel in the straight ahead position, but once on the road, the steering wheel will set itself off centre if the adjustment has been carried out on one side only.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Steering left could be a problem with the EPAS, but first check the aignment.

If not not the alignment, will be a bit more tricky but you will be exposed to the joy of these cars: tinkering!

·
Registered
mg_tf
195 Posts
As I understand it from the original post, the car isn’t steering to the left, but simply the steering wheel is off centre.
Appears the OP has not returned to the forum since listing the post. Also he resides in France, so my contact won’t be of much use!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts