MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
just having another play with my Rover 45 and have a strange problem, has anyone else experienced this?
starts first time no hesitation engine sounds sweet, runs ok up to 2500 rpm but sluggish have checked all the hoses and turbo has been renewed, new fuel filter, then starts mis-firing lots of smoke slows down then picks up and then slows engine doesn’t stall.
new fuel in tank and the tank has been off for repairs so just wondering if something in the tank is restricting the fuel flow or if it’s the injection pump. Have swapped the injectors for a spare set and exactly the same problem.
rest of car is very good too good to give up now!
hope some L series experts are still around to help.
Cheers

·
Registered
rover_sd1
463 Posts
Used a scope [ a cheap one that fits my mobile] look around the top and sides of the hydraulic head for leaks. I found mine leaking at the top of the hydraulic head. I am waiting for the O rings from the UK . Pretty sure thats my problem but I would check to see if the engines revs okay from start as there may be a problem with the TPS wiring.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply and hope you manage to fix yours soon
just stripped the timing solenoid off and the filter attached looks rusty and compressed and there are holes in the gauze so suspect that’s not great news!
Rang my local diesel place but they cannot get the timing solenoids anymore. There is a seals kit on eBay but cannot see the gauze filter so will keep looking probably for another pump or timing solenoid if one turns up. No rush but would like to sort it, the rest of the car is in excellent condition.
Glad to hear that someone else Is still running these, cannot be many now still left.
Cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just managed to find a filter that fits on the end of the timing solenoid on eBay, mine has holes in!
No luck with the timing solenoids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts