MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the easiest way to change the power steering fluid?

I know it's not a service item, but at 316,000 miles I've had my money's worth out of the old fluid and feel like treating the car to some fresh stuff.

Mike

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Merci Mike. Will just try to get as much as I can out of the LP side and replace that.

I have read about the rubbing point of the aircon and power steering pipes and have cable tied two rubber strips to them for protection.

Mike

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Merci Mike. Will just try to get as much as I can out of the LP side and replace that.

I have read about the rubbing point of the aircon and power steering pipes and have cable tied two rubber strips to them for protection.

Mike
Good point Mike,

It appened just after my clutch change but i have never understood why ?
See how i have managed:

Mike

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Mike, Take the bottom cooler pipe connector off let it drain, lock to lock the car several times (manually), blow into the reservoir that will get the majority out, replace the connector, top up the system lock to lock (manually) then start the engine, top up, then repeat the procedure.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Terry. When the rain stops and the sunny weather gets here its the next job on the list.

Mike

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mike, Take the bottom cooler pipe connector off let it drain, lock to lock the car several times (manually), blow into the reservoir that will get the majority out, replace the connector, top up the system lock to lock (manually) then start the engine, top up, then repeat the procedure.
Hi i want to do this job too but im not sure how much fluid to buy any ideas please and did you remove the bumper or not as someone said you dont have to

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Jason I left the bumper on and just had the undertray off. Bought a 1 litre bottle and that was more than enough if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What's the easiest way to change the power steering fluid?

I know it's not a service item, but at 316,000 miles I've had my money's worth out of the old fluid and feel like treating the car to some fresh stuff.

Mike
Wtf what kind of car is it mine has 210.000 mls

1 - 11 of 11 Posts