MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I'm a bit busy moving this month but if you're doing this early next year I too am just around the corner and am an expert in underfloor pipes and what not... like Mr Slow, I just need feeding :D
I feel a "gentlemanly" weekend coming on :broon:

Doesn't look like I'm working that weekend Neil so pencil me in.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Many thanks guys

I will find which weekend is most suitable and get a large supply of choccy bics in and a London Underground Engineering measure of Tea.

I have a good sized garage so it'll be done inside (needs tidying) but the heater is a bit pathetic. So on the proviso that it isn't snowing or slashing down with rain too much or totally freezing I am thinking on weekend in mid January.

It's in West Byfleet, Surrey in the Surrey Labs which like that scene on Alien:Resurrection has the product of some horrible mutated experiments lying about asking to be put out of their misery.

I am thinking 15th Jan 2012, start 10ish.

I have a reasonable selection of tools but only 2 axle stands.

Who's up for it?
I've got my son that weekend but may pop over on the way back to Herts if you're still going by then :lol:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Sorted! Will look forward to it. Are we doing your head gasket too?

List of what I will bring;

Low "entry" (just for Paul) trolley jack
Camshaft locking tool
2x axle stands
Oil drainer
Cam turning tool
Comprehensive socket etc set
Box of gloves
Silicone sealant (for water pump)
Impact gun with deep impact socket sized for crank pulley (22mm)
A man called George

Anything else need adding to the list?

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Sorted! Will look forward to it. Are we doing your head gasket too?

List of what I will bring;

Low "entry" (just for Paul) trolley jack
Camshaft locking tool
2x axle stands
Oil drainer
Cam turning tool
Comprehensive socket etc set
Box of gloves
Silicone sealant (for water pump)
Impact gun with deep impact socket sized for crank pulley (22mm)
A man called George

Anything else need adding to the list?
Portable BBQ ;)

Chances are I will pop along as I take my son back at 12, what time you guys going until?

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
So far interested parties include:-

Captain Slow Making Tea
Andy O Holding Spanners
Gotenks Organising Biscuits
Karmeleon Shouting WOOO at random moments
Derek Bertram Washing up
RTG90 Sweeping Floor
Id offer but you appear to have all the required positions filled

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,773 Posts
Id offer but you appear to have all the required positions filled
And to think I was considering bringing cake!!!! I can't cook to save my life (ok I can, mostly can't be arsed).... but the partner does some pretty awsome ones.

Shall I bring a hammer... normally need one of those :)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
And to think I was considering bringing cake!!!! I can't cook to save my life (ok I can, mostly can't be arsed).... but the partner does some pretty awsome ones.

Shall I bring a hammer... normally need one of those :)
I have a proper MGF sized hammer, but lost the Volvo Sized hammer in the move to the Surrey Labs.

Cake?
Bring Cake. Wifey made ones preferably

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
You'll still be there then most likely :lol:

I'd say if it ain't broke, don't fix it :broon:
I live 200 yds from a pub that does half-decent beer and stays open until 1 am! It's full of "Geezers" and can get very busy.

Gotenks I am with you about dont fix what isnt broke, but it is the factory gasket and you know my luck. If we don't fix it it'll blow 5 days after the session.

If we've got the coolant out, the cambelt off how much more time do you think it will take to make the gasket change? Let's mull it over. It isn't broken and it isn't (fingers crossed) losing coolant.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
I live 200 yds from a pub that does half-decent beer and stays open until 1 am! It's full of "Geezers" and can get very busy.

Gotenks I am with you about dont fix what isnt broke, but it is the factory gasket and you know my luck. If we don't fix it it'll blow 5 days after the session.

If we've got the coolant out, the cambelt off how much more time do you think it will take to make the gasket change? Let's mull it over. It isn't broken and it isn't (fingers crossed) losing coolant.
Couple of hours extra work if everything comes undone nicely :lol: I'd imagine it'll be the waterpump or the cambelt tensioner that'll cause the most pain as access is very tight and the bolts tend to seize over time :doh:

21 - 40 of 94 Posts