MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have had a new windscreen fitted and they have run the wiring under the mirror, rather than through the channel on the back of the mirror mount. I also think it may be too low. Is the mirror meant to go to the top of the windscreen, to touch the white trim? Otherwise, I will have about 5cm of wiring from the trim to the mirror showing.
You would think I might have noticed after 15 years of ownership, but I just looked in the mirror, not how it was mounted.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Hi. I have had a new windscreen fitted and they have run the wiring under the mirror, rather than through the channel on the back of the mirror mount. I also think it may be too low. Is the mirror meant to go to the top of the windscreen, to touch the white trim? Otherwise, I will have about 5cm of wiring from the trim to the mirror showing.
You would think I might have noticed after 15 years of ownership, but I just looked in the mirror, not how it was mounted.
Thanks all.
Measuring from the outside, The top of the slug the mirror is mounted on is about 6cm below the top of the glass

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Could someone post a picture of the mirror from the inside? I'd like to be able to show the fitter what it should look like.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
'10 TF135
317 Posts
Yep 4cm is about right.
I think I found it easier to run mine down the outside because the thickness of the wire made it difficult to seat firmly. It stopped it rattling, anyway... :rolleyes:

_DSF3519.jpg _DSF3513.jpg _DSF3518.jpg _DSF3515.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's terrific, thanks. Yeah they ran the cable around down to the bottom and up in a big loop. It looks ugly as hell. I am going to get them to fix it in the weekend and hopefully do a better job.
Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
'10 TF135
317 Posts
There's a fair bit of wire in that mirror-wire loop that's usually tucked behind the plastic panel that holds the sun visors.
As far as I recall it pulls off after you unscrew the 'visors.
I wonder if they forgot to tuck the excess away - or didn't know about it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts