MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at retrofitting an electric boot opener for my ZS and I found that the following company was able to supply and fit one.

However, after making further enquiries I discovered that it was almost £1400 to complete. Here's the reply from the company:

Hi

Just to confirm BAS do a dedicated Boot Hatch opener for your vehicle on a 2017 plate! as long as it has not changed on a 2018 plate we can do this for you.

We can supplied and fitted a BAS Electric Hatch Opener at our workshop in Uxbridge for £1,395.00, we can collect and deliver your car for an extra £65.00 and we would need your vehicle for two days.

Please let us know if you need any further information or would like to go ahead.

Kind Regards

Lee

--
Logo
Adaptation Station Ltd
Wallingford Road
Uxbridge, UB8 2RW
t: 01895 520361
e: [email protected]
www.adaptationstation.co.ukFacebook icon Twitter icon Instagram icon
Banner
The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

My budget was £700 but at nearly double this, it's not worth it just for the convenience of not having to struggle with the boot when carrying stuff.

This information could be useful for someone whom might have got their vehicle via Motability as I had read somewhere that this could be free conversion for the car user.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone else is confident enough with vehicle electrics, a seller on Aliexpress can sell you the kit for less than £300 including shipping when use buy using the Black Friday price.

I am very tempted...

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the trigger in Ali Express and bought this one which worked out slightly cheaper plus faster shipping than the one noted above. It seems like that the control box will fit in the tailgate itself so I won't have to take apart the rear bumper.

Now I just need to find an auto mechanic who isn't going to charge me ridiculous money to install the thing in the car.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found an interesting video of a car mechanic in Korea fitting an electric tailgate on a Toyota RAV4.

I am surprised that a crutch could be used for such thing as keeping the tailgate open when removing the old tailgate struts.

The mechanic was able to complete the job in just over an hour from start to finish so the company that I received the quote for must be marking up the work heavily.

Cheers..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts