MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put another soft top on and struggling with aligning it correctly. It went on OK but I cant close/open the door with the window fully up!!!!

Is there a special trick with this or is it just trial and error - minor adjustments until I get it right??

HELP - Its raining here!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the opposite problem, my door glass doesn't quite reach the seal attached to the hood at the top/front of the window.

Is the glass difficult to adjust to take this space up?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
omfg, I wish I never started this, just spent the last 90 mins adjusting, adjusting and more adjusting and still no better off....methinks its time for a trip to the garage!!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
omfg, I wish I never started this, just spent the last 90 mins adjusting, adjusting and more adjusting and still no better off....methinks its time for a trip to the garage!!!!
Yes, it can take a lot of trial and error - I raised and lowered the window so much I totally drained my battery doing mine. I left it as it was once I recharged the battery so still not as well aligned as I would like but seals OK.

I used the same "how to you" are following and although the instructions are excellent, there is definitely an art to getting it right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having the same issue the OP had, new hardtop, passenger window fully closes (but leaks) and I can’t open the door while the window is fully up.

Any advice?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts