MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This sounds like upgrading... the problem stemmed from a fairly good performance for a 1.4 to suddenly a deperformance.... ? I have enquired about upgrading the 1.4 engine but it would be worth buying a new car for that sort of price.... are we talking about the same here... confused.com?

·
Registered
51 Posts
It seems rover lowered the power for insurance purposes, i reckon mg wanted all the power. If you search ebay throttle bodys turn up on there, mine cost about £45, and a new cable £18

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Right now it would to be cheaper in the long term to sell my right leg to get these parts but how do you replace? (I can open the bonnet and fill the windscreen washer and oil up - THATS IT) And is it gauranteed POWER+ - This still doesn't indicate why i once upon a time had power but lost it (and not over a poker match)???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to all, I got the same problem since last Friday. I dismantle the throttle body I clean it (was not dirty)... Gasket is in good condition but the car is not accelerating like it use to be... What to check next? Many thanks and stay safe!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts