MG-Rover.org Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I noted your change.

Just out of interest,the genuine part - DXU000060HQM - Hardtop assembly - Aquamarine Green 80th Anniversary ... :stir:

·
Registered
5 Posts
rover 3 letter code list

after looking at my vin plate I discovered the paint finish on my car, a limited edition classic mini, was RMB I thought great go to halfords and get a touch up spray. Wrong this colour did not come up on their system. Just found this thread and it deserved to be stuck at the top of the forum, problem solved RMB stands for PAK body and NAL roof. brilliant thank you so much for solving my problem.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
after looking at my vin plate I discovered the paint finish on my car, a limited edition classic mini, was RMB I thought great go to halfords and get a touch up spray. Wrong this colour did not come up on their system. Just found this thread and it deserved to be stuck at the top of the forum, problem solved RMB stands for PAK body and NAL roof. brilliant than you so much for solving my problem.

No problem,halfords are divs, is it the jet black ltd edition by any chance :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
No it is one of the Cooper sport LE's that was produced in 1998 a limited edition of 100 cars. should have been only 50 produced in black but I have heard rumours that a lot less were actually produced the other 50 were in the infamous brooklands green but I again the rumours suggest that the total was made up of green models because they got more orders for that colour.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rover pewter paint

Hi
Can anyone help? Is the Rove colour pewter a metallic finish or not?
I'd be most grateful,
Thanks
Florrie

·
Registered
44 Posts
And off course I've got a problem,

my paint code is NND ( white diamond ) but Motip delivers 2 sets, 1 white and 1 also white, but little going to beige, does someone know what's best om my 220 GSI from '93? )

·
Registered
classic_rover
2 Posts
color code RWV=NMN/HNS but what is HNS

Hello,
all is in the title ?!

It s a great site and the code is very impressive.

my classic is a 1992 (carbu) ...
thanks for your help.

·
Registered
rover_25
2 Posts
I'm currently having difficulty in getting HFY Arbour Green Mica and keep getting told it's Tahiti Green. Did Arbour green get deleted? Why use a code twice??

·
Registered
rover_25
2 Posts
Interesting that you mention HFY being listed TWICE as I'm currently experiencing difficulties in getting Arbour Green Mica (Vin code HFY) and keep being told it's now Tonga Green.... Have received paint and can only assume it is Tonga green and that Tonga green is a deep bluey green metallic and completely unlike the apple green of Arbour Green Mica.
Just a "heads up" for other Rover 25 painters.

·
Registered
2006 MG ZR +120 (HQM) 2004 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,131 Posts
The name given to a paint colour by the vehicle manufacturer is often different from the name it is given by the paint manufacturer. BL/Rover re-used various paint names for different shades/colours over the years, but each would have a different paint code.

If you ask for paint according to the paint code on the VIN plate, you should get the correct colour. Note that some paint mixing systems still list the Rover and MG Rover colours under BLMC, which does cause some confusion.

I don't know where you have got the paint from, but HFY Tonga Green is a Jaguar/Land Rover Colour - it sounds to me as though he is looking up the BLMC/Rover code on the Jaguar/Land Rover colour list. Maybe he isn't used to dealing with Rover colours, or perhaps he is simply incompetent?

Ensure that the person taking your order is using the code HFY Arbour Green - and is searching under BLMC/Rover.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts