MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
cityrover
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

A family member went to replace the battery in the fob key with the (same code/serial no ) and when a new one was put in and she tried to start the vehicle , it would not start . When she put back the same battery the engine started. My question is , if the battery in the key fob dies all together . How will she be able to start the vehicle? Will she need to take it to the nearest MG centre or?

·
Registered
cityrover
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the title right as this is the Metro / 100 section?
ah shot!! i was so excited that someone even responded but instead i recieved useless points on whether im in the right room :(.. Erm are you not the administer? if u are could u not place it in the relevant room instead of bringing to my attention it is the metro room. I thought that ws the first thing mods would do.. Clearly not.. anyways can i ACTUALLY recieve an answer to my QUESTION please:chav:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Replacing the battery is a spasific service item at the annual service so I buy a load every year and change all of ours - 5 cars all with 2 fobs.....

The new battery may have been dead, I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't work yet the old one did when refitted.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Replacing the battery is a spasific service item at the annual service so I buy a load every year and change all of ours - 5 cars all with 2 fobs.....

The new battery may have been dead, I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't work yet the old one did when refitted.
Is it possible that battery going dead every year? I did not change mines once in five years, and still doing fine...

Anyhow I suppose when battery is replaced you need to 'plip' it several times if car have RF remote/central locking/immobliser system for frequency to synchronize. If it is IR remote/central locking/immobliliser system there should be no problem - battery changed and it should work.

As you said dead new batterry is something that could be the main problem...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
The batteries should last a lot longer than a year but at minimal cost it seems a false ecconomy to trust them for too long.

Most of the time the new works work straight away.

·
Registered
rover_100
1,211 Posts
Mmmmm

ah shot!! i was so excited that someone even responded but instead i recieved useless points on whether im in the right room :(.. Erm are you not the administer? if u are could u not place it in the relevant room instead of bringing to my attention it is the metro room. I thought that ws the first thing mods would do.. Clearly not.. anyways can i ACTUALLY recieve an answer to my QUESTION please:chav:
Getting shirty with admin and SHOUTING is not going to endear you to admin nor other forum users, and commenting that appropriate and helpful advice is "useless" certainly is not.

Yes people are here to help, but self help is a wonderful thing and you are likely to get a warmer welcome if you try it first, and check out where the 400 queries are normally posted. This particular question is non-specific to the 400 so you got an answer here, other questions may get nil response because this, as advised, is the R100 section.

I suggest you also research forum etiquette.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts