MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im About to get a Rover 416 SLI auto. as i understand these a d16 engines. But i need a workshop manual as they are handy to have. i went on the honda website and cant find anything and as my car is a 1999 there isnt a haynes one.

Where can i look for something that will help.

Also is there a list of part numbers anywhere for future reference?

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. il have to buy it and have a nosey at it, as i like a printed version of something i might print off the relevant pages to the car i want.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,215 Posts
It is the same as the workshop maintenance/repair manual disc that was issued to the Rover dealers, and yes, you should be able to print off the page/pages relevant to any job you want to do. It contains the factory issued workshop repair manuals for the car itself, and also the individual manuals for each engine and gearbox fitted.

You probably won't want to print off the whole of the Rover 400 manuals though - they run to several hundred pages!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finding information is difficult for these cars especially for the 416 autos using the honda engine and made in 1999.

Il probably be asking many stupid questions on here. is there any cars that share parts with them so i can keep mine running good for as long and cheap as possible. i found out about the company where the cd is for sale listed by roverlike last night and the 400 is in the same catagory as the 45.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,215 Posts
The 45 is basically a facelift of the 1995-on 400, so a great many parts are common to both. However, the auto version of the 45 was fitted with a Rover K series engine and a CVT type gearbox, so everything to do with the engine and driveline is different from your car, in the same way as the other '95 to '99 400s are different - the 416 auto was the only Rover car still being fitted with the Honda engine and box by that time.

The 400/45 was basically a Roverised version of the Domani based Honda Civic, built by Rover under licence, so I would imagine that the engine and auto box arrangement in the 416 was the same as in the same generation Civic. Pretty sure the suspension, hubs and brakes were the same too (the brake calipers were the same ones as were used on the R3 'bubble' 200/25).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts