MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Unfortunately my trusty old 45 diesel must go to the scrap yard in the next 7 days (STRICTLY) unless anyone from the MG-Rover community who is local to me wants to make an offer over the scrap value.
It is a 54 plate facelift hatchback.
2.0 Diesel with the higher BHP and disc brakes on the rear.
Sonic blue (sapphire blue metallic)
High miles about 185,000

The car is in Burnley in Lancashire

I now live in Holland and am only in the UK for another 10 days. I have just sold my house in the UK and the car must go immediately.

The mot has recently expired, but it won't pass another. It needs welding underneath, the back box of the exhaust has a hole, the clutch slips in cold weather when the turbo boosts, there is a water leak from the thermostat housing on the bottom of the engine.
The interior is now mouldy and door cards and headliner are sagging...… and more bits.
It needs trailering away.

However, the external body work is quite good, the bumpers are pretty good (some light scratches but no splits) the alloys are good (Turbine style). It has recently had new rear wheel bearings, discs and pads.

The car has never ever let me down, it just soldiered on year after year (it's been to Holland and back about 10 times!). Unfortunately it has been sat for most of 2019 on the drive and has deteriorated. It's not worth exporting and not worth fixing just to sell. The old girl is ready to go to car heaven but maybe good as a spares car for someone.
The best scrap offer I had today was £120. If it's of interest to you please email me or direct message me.

The time scale is strict and only offers over what I have already had. My local scrap yard will come within an hour and collect it and pay on collection. I'm just offering first to you guys because I'm a Rover enthusiast.

I have the battery on charge, with enough juice it should start and drive onto a trailer.

Thanks all

James

james@majorgolf.nl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts