MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2002 75 2.0 petrol and the fuel pumps gone I've tried 2 modified new ones from a motor factory but there see to be to long because of the raised section on the bottom of the tank would it matter if I remove this section as I've felt it and it seems as though it will lift out ? Thanks Thomas

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
I think it would be a mistake to remove anything from the tank in order to make a non-standard pump fit into the space. I'm not sure what the raised section refers to, but maybe it's the pickup cup?

If so, removing it would almost certainly stop the tank system from working properly. Your best solution is to fit the correct pump. Maybe eBay.

TC

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oem pump is obsolete no one has one anywhere I've tried all over but none is available thanks anyway

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
Petrol pumps rarely fail, though they obviously can't live forever. You should be able to get a working second hand one from a breaker/scrapper.

TC

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There do fail it's common on these cars it starts by blowing the fuse then eventually total failure

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you could get me part number of what there usedandis it a 2.0 ltr V6 petrol 51 plate model ??? Thanks Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts