MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Courtesy of Chaslee.....

Reversing switch on 75.

Don't follow manual - no need to remove underbelly panel or wheel arch lining and the rest of the bodywork.
Take off near side wheel.
Switch can be seen on gearbox behind suspension spring. 19mm Ring spanner just fits.
Unscrew old and fit new.
15 Mins including having ciggy and sitting back reflecting how short a time it took. Reverse lights now work :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Don't bother buying one either..... Give it a quick squirt out with brake cleaner to clean out crud quick splash of WD40 and it's sorted.

I did test with a meter while it was off though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Further help on this please

I have a problem with no reversing lights and will follow the help so far given but what is the fuse number in the passenger fuse box for the reverse lamps? The technical info I have (a CD version purchased on ebay) shows this to be F23 rated at 5 amps - the box does not show this to be so and in fact I cannot decipher a suitable fuse from the pictograms on the fusebox cover.

Many thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reverse light switch

Thanks for the advice but you don`t even have to take off the wheel,just turn steering hard lock to left and you can reach switch easily.Only took 5 mins.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What is the part number for this revers switch

Hi all

does anybody know the part number and where I can buy this switch?

Regards

Andrew

·
Registered
mg_zt
43 Posts
Reverse light switch

Try Rimmer Brothers, do a web search and they have a parts list catalogue, get the number from there and then use that in the order part section, should be around £9 + VAT

·
Registered
796 Posts
For the 214 i removed the whole airfilter box... disconnected the switch.. dident have a deep enough socket so just stuck a 19 spanner ( i think it was 19.. or 17 ) and it came off not a problem!

Just incase anyone wondered.. its right below the air filter box.. ontop of the gear box

1 - 20 of 69 Posts