MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pride of Longbridge 2018 was yet again another fantastic event.

The park show was cancelled as the field was suffering from recent rainfall and its subsequent waterlogging, but the event went ahead in Lowhill Lane, as people will always turn up anyway (especially as many were staying in local hotels) (plus many don't find out until they arrive). Unlike 2016 which also took place in Lowhill Lane, this time the few moaners that were present on that day stayed away, and everyone I heard or spoke to was thoroughly happy to take part and enjoyed the whole day.

The cars are obviously parked more randomly than at the fully organised park event, but all you have to do is take a walk and you still get to see them all and meet a few new faces along the way. I find the only downside to the street event is the lack of the really old Austins that will normally turn up.

Marshalls had the event well organised and this kept queuing times minimal and traffic moving at all times on the road. Thanks as always must go to Gemma & her team for organising & running this free event.

I did take some photo's and got most of the Rover 800's that turned up, but missed others including a 'J-ROV' Coupe which I know was there, having spoken with the owner of it earlier in the day. Other owners came from as far away as France & Switzerland. At least 16 turned up in Lowhill lane (from my pics plus J-rov) with others also at smaller meets elsewhere that day, so not a bad turn out.

Anyway pics; (a few of which were taken late in the day when it was quieter, at which time the car in the last photo turned up. Enjoy!)

:p :p :p

Ha Ha! I saved the best till last for you! (I counted that car as 2! Well it is a Rovor 1654!) I knew you would like that one. It was a great car to see in the flesh and good to meet the new owner who had just managed to get the car SVA'd and fully road legal.

As to my own Coupe, some of you will know I had it up for sale (and this time the for sale signs were not hidden in the glove box where they usually go when I'm sent out with some!), and thanks go to those on the day that saw me and said if they had the money they would buy it. I did not spend much time on the day at my own car, but anytime I did it seemed to be more popular than ever before and I noticed a few taking pics of it throught out the day. A shout out must also go to the Audi driver who passed me on the Motoway on the way home tooting like mad just so he could give me a big thumbs up!

Unfortunately I am no longer a Rover owner, as in the week since POL my car has been sold. :surprise:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pride of Longbridge 2018 was yet again another fantastic event.

The park show was cancelled as the field was suffering from recent rainfall and its subsequent waterlogging, but the event went ahead in Lowhill Lane, as people will always turn up anyway (especially as many were staying in local hotels) (plus many don't find out until they arrive). Unlike 2016 which also took place in Lowhill Lane, this time the few moaners that were present on that day stayed away, and everyone I heard or spoke to was thoroughly happy to take part and enjoyed the whole day.

The cars are obviously parked more randomly than at the fully organised park event, but all you have to do is take a walk and you still get to see them all and meet a few new faces along the way. I find the only downside to the street event is the lack of the really old Austins that will normally turn up.

Marshalls had the event well organised and this kept queuing times minimal and traffic moving at all times on the road. Thanks as always must go to Gemma & her team for organising & running this free event.

I did take some photo's and got most of the Rover 800's that turned up, but missed others including a 'J-ROV' Coupe which I know was there, having spoken with the owner of it earlier in the day. Other owners came from as far away as France & Switzerland. At least 16 turned up in Lowhill lane (from my pics plus J-rov) with others also at smaller meets elsewhere that day, so not a bad turn out.

Anyway pics; (a few of which were taken late in the day when it was quieter, at which time the car in the last photo turned up. Enjoy!)

:petevick::petevick::petevick:

Ha Ha! I saved the best till last for you! (I counted that car as 2! Well it is a Rovor 1654!) I knew you would like that one. It was a great car to see in the flesh and good to meet the new owner who had just managed to get the car SVA'd and fully road legal.

As to my own Coupe, some of you will know I had it up for sale (and this time the for sale signs were not hidden in the glove box where they usually go when I'm sent out with some!), and thanks go to those on the day that saw me and said if they had the money they would buy it. I did not spend much time on the day at my own car, but anytime I did it seemed to be more popular than ever before and I noticed a few taking pics of it throught out the day. A shout out must also go to the Audi driver who passed me on the Motoway on the way home tooting like mad just so he could give me a big thumbs up!

Unfortunately I am no longer a Rover owner, as in the week since POL my car has been sold. :surprise:

Thanks for posting some great pictures there too. I missed POL 2018 and only managed to get my 45 to POL this year however next year with the help from friends and the wife I am taking my entire fleet with the flagship 827 at the front.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All 15 pics in my original post above dissapeared, site let me reupload only 10 of the 15 pics above, so the rest are now here!;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts