MG-Rover.org Forums banner

561 - 580 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
60 Posts
The video is awesome, I bet you have loads of fun blasting around the track in it. It just shows that even rovers can be fast! :D

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
great video, car looks a dream to drive
Awesome vid bud, I love the fact that it's K-series power too :D

The car looks really well balanced in the handling dept :broon:
Cheers guys. In fact since that video the car has got better at handling as that was before we modified the front strut top-mounts to run more camber. She's a dream when on slicks and not too shabby on wets but you have to be careful as she can get quite hairy under braking. Also being fwd, if you don't stay committed in the corners then you're in trouble.

Looking forward now to getting the B done to have a nice contrast to drive on track.

·
Registered
rover_200_95_99
107 Posts
Have you got a pic of where you put the towing eye? Just got one myself just unsure where to stick it

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Best picture I have I'm afraid, you can just about see the tow hook between the orange 'snout' and splitter...

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Adam wat sort of price is it to get a emarald ecu weirded in because I know a bloke who is breaking his Zr turbo soon and that has a emerald ecu on it would that give me a gud increase

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
Emeralds aren't that hard to wire in yourself as long as you have the wiring diagrams and pin references. You would need a later type Emerald to run the vvc though (if you are keeping that), I can't remember which spec, as the earlier ones couldn't cope with it iirc.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
This car is awesome.. End of!

Havnt read the full thread, just flicked through, im gunna read it all later when iv got a spare hour.. :lol:

Im hoping to build a track car soon, looking for a decent ZR at the minute, cant wait! :D

Will probably no doubt be asking you a few questions Adam! Really nice BRM you got there! :broon:

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
Thanks Chaz, much appreciated.

She's currently laid up for the winter feeling sorry for herself. I managed to shatter the flywheel with the immense POWAAAA that the K-series puts out ;) so we replaced that and then the brake master cylinder decided to go pop, currently looking for a replacement before she can go back on track next year.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Thanks Chaz, much appreciated.

She's currently laid up for the winter feeling sorry for herself. I managed to shatter the flywheel with the immense POWAAAA that the K-series puts out ;) so we replaced that and then the brake master cylinder decided to go pop, currently looking for a replacement before she can go back on track next year.
Ok I got bored and just read the whole thread haha, wow dude..

What a project, if I was you id be mega proud of it!

Did you ever get the car weighed? I didnt see it anywhere in the thread, I saw you mentioned putting it on a weigh bridge but never see any weight figures.. I bet its well under 1000 kg isnt it..?

Awesome car though mate.. Loving the engine build, do you think you'll break the 200 BHP barrier without a turbo..?

NASP K-series over 200 BHP would be something to be really proud of.. Bet it sounds the nuts dont it!?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #575 (Edited)
Ok I got bored and just read the whole thread haha, wow dude..

What a project, if I was you id be mega proud of it!
Haha, you must've been bored! But yeah we love the car, it's a hoot to drive and is pretty competitive on track.

Did you ever get the car weighed? I didnt see it anywhere in the thread, I saw you mentioned putting it on a weigh bridge but never see any weight figures.. I bet its well under 1000 kg isnt it..?
Yup, can't remember the exact figure but it was just under 1000kg with no driver and topped 1000kg with my lady arse in it. We do still have glass windows with full electrics, the heater and abs still in so there is more weight we could lose.

Awesome car though mate.. Loving the engine build, do you think you'll break the 200 BHP barrier without a turbo..?
Yup. The MGB WILL top 200 and ill be happy with 220, we shall see. The BRM has more in it and I reckon with a further remap and a refresh it could eke up to 200, but its all about the driveability and at the moment it goes really well, just lacks top-end grunt really.

NASP K-series over 200 BHP would be something to be really proud of.. Bet it sounds the nuts dont it!?
Yes! Have you seen the video on YouTube? You get a good idea of the noise on that. It's what made me start changing my road BRM over to itb's, lol.

Video at Brands....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G25QYzoF-Lk&sns=em

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
*snip* . . . . . . . . Yup, can't remember the exact figure but it was just under 1000kg with no driver and topped 1000kg with my lady arse in it. We do still have glass windows with full electrics, the heater and abs still in so there is more weight we could lose . . . . . . *snip*

HOLD ON A MINUTE -

I've been a member on theBRM.co.uk for over four years - and this is the first I've heard of this 'lady arse' of yours . . . . it's never been mentioned by anyone before. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
HOLD ON A MINUTE -

I've been a member on theBRM.co.uk for over four years - and this is the first I've heard of this 'lady arse' of yours . . . . it's never been mentioned by anyone before. :rofl:
:rofl: blooming autocorrect on this thing! I meant to say 'lardy' but apparently that's not allowed by my iPad.

561 - 580 of 583 Posts