MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_streetwise
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, i have a 2004 Rover Streetwise 2.0 TD that i wanted to get remapped. It has a Bosch ecu code MSB101151. Is this ecu tuneable via the OBD port or does it need rechipping because the tuner says that it has a chip that would need to be removed to be tuned and it can only be tuned once then its good for the bin? Any replies will be much appreciated. Many thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good day, i have a 2004 Rover Streetwise 2.0 TD that i wanted to get remapped. It has a Bosch ecu code MSB101151. Is this ecu tuneable via the OBD port or does it need rechipping because the tuner says that it has a chip that would need to be removed to be tuned and it can only be tuned once then its good for the bin? Any replies will be much appreciated. Many thanks.
I have a 2.0 diesel 45. Ita the same engine.DAKTA on here have stated it's not a problem. Have a wee look further down this diesel thread for one that I started and you'll see his comments and advice
Cheers

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
As above, can be done through the port.

Lot's of remapping gear doesn't cover this vehicle, which causes a lot of confusion and suggestion that the only way forward is by soldering and socketing, but the OEM engineers did install flash programming routines into this unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts