MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think from what i read the Trophy F i own was 1 of 150 made in yellow and 1 of 500 trophys made.

Is there anyway to find out what number it is as id like to know.

Ta

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
1,040 Posts
Well if this info is correct then it should of been 2000

TROPHY 160
2001 also saw the introduction of a tweaked production MGF - the Trophy 160 in recognition of the MGF Trophy race series.. A couple of engine modifications to the VVC added an extra 15bhp along with better brakes, stiffer hydrogas suspension and front and rear spoilers as standard. Also featured two startling new colours Trophy blue and Trophy blue which they also decided to colour code on to the steering wheel, centre console and side door trims. The spare wheel was dismissed and replaced by a tyre re inflation device. 16" alloys, single CD unit, special Trophy 160 sports seats, bright grilles, sports exhaust all as standard topped off with the words Trophy 160 discreetly stuck on the back. It produced 160 bhp , 0-60 in 6.9secs and top speed of 137mph.
Production run of 2000 but only 500 sold in the UK.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Well if this info is correct then it should of been 2000

TROPHY 160
Also featured two startling new colours Trophy blue and Trophy blue
wow! Dan your trophy blue is looking a little yellowy, sort it out :rofl:

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
The Trophy is a bit of an oddball, it was originally intended to be a limited production run, but then BMW sold the company to MGR and this model became part of the line up.

In the MGF Register Archive i have details of over 700 Trophy 160s in the UK with more abroad. Pinning down the actual build number is proving a bit tricky though, i have a list of UK VINs and the Trophy 160 is the only model to have a Z trim level in the VIN sequence, so it should be straightforward, but sadly my VIN list is incomplete (it is based upon main dealer serviced F/TFs in the UK) and every now and then i find one that isn't on the list (probably never main dealer serviced).

As ever, work in progress.......

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Trophy is a bit of an oddball, it was originally intended to be a limited production run, but then BMW sold the company to MGR and this model became part of the line up.

In the MGF Register Archive i have details of over 700 Trophy 160s in the UK with more abroad. Pinning down the actual build number is proving a bit tricky though, i have a list of UK VINs and the Trophy 160 is the only model to have a Z trim level in the VIN sequence, so it should be straightforward, but sadly my VIN list is incomplete (it is based upon main dealer serviced F/TFs in the UK) and every now and then i find one that isn't on the list (probably never main dealer serviced).

As ever, work in progress.......
I love the way car manufactuers say oh this is limited to such n such then make way more than first said lol.

Gos.... Ive been out cleaning all day and its still not coming up Blue :lol:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Ok lets start a list, mines number 550 according to the records in the f register archive. (Thanks to Adrian). :clap:

Oh yes and it's Trophy Blue. Or is it Trophy Blue, It's hard to tell. :dunno: :lol:

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok lets start a list, mines number 550 according to the records in the f register archive. (Thanks to Adrian). :clap:

Oh yes and it's Trophy Blue. Or is it Trophy Blue, It's hard to tell. :dunno: :lol:

cool so if i go onto f register i should be able to find which number it is?

:lol: trophy blue or trophy blue. hmmmmmm pass :lol:

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Also, Adrian is a good friend of mine and colleague on the F-Register - he is the International Representative and I am the Archivist and Registrar - what this means is that I look after the Archive, whilst Adrian looks after our International friends.

Our roles cross over though as the F-Register, essentially is built around a 'Register of MGF/TFs' - it lies at the core of what we are and we have a duty to build, maintain look after the Register for future generations. Adrian has a passion for this and in particular, being an 80th LE owner, his passion is focused on collecting information on LE/SE models - this is very handy as his international connections mean he is a major route of information into the Archive and we are in regular contact.

Adrian therefore has access to the same database i do, and furthermore he has his own information resulting from his own efforts in collecting data.

The upshot of this is that although Adrian's database is incomplete, as is mine, we do have by far the vast majority of UK registered Trophy 160s identified, i reckon we are probably in the region of 98% there with us only finding 2 not on the list since we began looking into this part of the database, oh, must be 3 years or so now ago.

So, i feel the numbers he gives out (and me too) are probably +/-5 of the true build number for UK Trophy 160s. As the Archive is a 'live' document it is impossible to be definitive without the Manufacturers official figures (which we are still pursuing!) But the numbers are as near as damn it to being right i feel.

Finally, the Trophy is a unique case as it has a specific letter in the VIN sequence making it identifiable from a VIN list (trim level 'Z') - no other LE/SE model has this so sadly we are unable to pick them out of the 117,000 or so cars made at the present time.

...working on it... :)

-----------------------------------------

If you want to find out your Trophy 160 build number, drop me a PM or send an email to >> [email protected] << & i'll look it up for you.

If you do this though i'd like a favour in return - can i have your registration number and the colour of your Trophy please for the Archive? Every bit of information helps us get closer to having a definitive list. :)

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
-----------------------------------------

If you want to find out your Trophy 160 build number, drop me a PM or send an email to >> [email protected] << & i'll look it up for you.

If you do this though i'd like a favour in return - can i have your registration number and the colour of your Trophy please for the Archive? Every bit of information helps us get closer to having a definitive list. :)

Fantastic ill PM You now, thanks very much

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Andy, I know there is at least one Trophy Yellow Trophy in New Zealand. It was sold a couple of months or so back. If I didn't have two MG's already I would have been sorely tempted! No idea of the number as I only saw it advertised on Trademe (eBay equivalent). It was listed at $NZ13,000. Bargain!

That makes a total of 4 Trophy Yellow cars here as far as I know. 1 Trophy F, 2 TF120's and 1 TF160.

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Daniow - You have PM :D

-------------------------------------

Neil,

Intersting stuff, if you find out any more can you let me know? Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts