MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an original plate for my mgf that I’m going to take off my mgf and re sell it as my poor mgf has got to go, just can’t keep spending the money on it anymore.
Where’s the best place to sell a registration plate it has MGF in it.
Many thanks
Debs

·
Registered
mg_tf
313 Posts
Hello Debs,
There are a high number of cherished number agencies on line, which will advertise your plate for sale on a commission basis - as with estate agents selling houses. They should be able to value it for you, and normally agree a price-to-you at the point of sale.
If you are going to dispose of the car, you will have to apply to retain the number on a Retention Certificate (think it used to cost £110). This would allow you sell it on, and the certificate would have a ‘value’ of £80 which is the normal charge to allocate it to another vehicle.
Any of the agencies should be able to talk you through the procedure.
DVLA currently dealing with these applications quickly under the Covid situation??
Kind regards,
Austin.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Put it on retention then advertise on Fleecebay, problem is that although you think it might be worth something it is definitely an acquired & shrinking market

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Debs,
There are a high number of cherished number agencies on line, which will advertise your plate for sale on a commission basis - as with estate agents selling houses. They should be able to value it for you, and normally agree a price-to-you at the point of sale.
If you are going to dispose of the car, you will have to apply to retain the number on a Retention Certificate (think it used to cost £110). This would allow you sell it on, and the certificate would have a ‘value’ of £80 which is the normal charge to allocate it to another vehicle.
Any of the agencies should be able to talk you through the procedure.
DVLA currently dealing with these applications quickly under the Covid situation??
Kind regards,
Austin.
Thank you Austin for your advise, it is much appreciated.

kind regards

Debs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put it on retention then advertise on Fleecebay, problem is that although you think it might be worth something it is definitely an acquired & shrinking market
Many thanks for tour help.

kind regards
Debs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts