MG-Rover.org Forums banner
4,781 - 4,800 of 4,881 Posts
Last February you may have seen the outside, now in May let's have a sneaky peek inside:

And just to tease you:
How many differences could you count from the boring and dull original basic one I bought two years ago?
And I assure you that some other mods cannot be seen in that pic!
I should have got a fish eye... :p

Last February you may have seen the outside, now in May let's have a sneaky peek inside:

And just to tease you:
How many differences could you count from the boring and dull original basic one I bought two years ago?
And I assure you that some other mods cannot be seen in that pic!
I should have got a fish eye... :p
Let me start:

- Wooden door handles inserts
- Wooden handbrake cover
- Wooden gear shift knob
- Cup holders
- Aluminum sport pedal covers
- Leather steering wheel with ICE switches on steering wheel
- Inside/outside tepmerature sensor
- Parking sensor
- White speedo cluster dials
- Wooden speeod instrument cover
- GPS
- HUD display
- Sunglasses holder
- Wooden airbag cover
- Silver painted airwents
- Armrest in-between front seats

Did I forgott something from,inside?

Let me start:

- Wooden door handles inserts
- Wooden handbrake cover
- Wooden gear shift knob
- Cup holders
- Aluminium sport pedal covers
- Leather steering wheel with ICE switches on steering wheel
- Inside/outside temperature sensor
- Parking sensor
- White speedo cluster dials
- Wooden speedo instrument cover
- GPS
- HUD display
- Sunglasses holder (with my family name initial, reminder of my lovely mum's keyring)
- Wooden airbag cover
- Silver painted airvents
- Armrest in-between front seats

Did I forgott something from,inside?
Brilliant! You've got a good memory and an eagle-eye! ;)

You've got many ones but...

- black front seat cover with a huge Union Jack on the back
- aluminium rings around the white dials
- red hand painted needles
- aluminium rings around the heating knobs
- silver heating knobs
- aluminium footrest (not visible on the pic)
- dark grey carpets (very common I know, but better than the previous owner's ones)
- E327 device under the temperature sensor
- MGF central mirror with LEDs
- smoked sunstrip on the upper part of the windscreen
- Electric & heated Mirror switch
- Rover badged keyring of the gate remote control (original one, in the left cup holder, and, icing on the cake, it can be used in France to unlock the supermarket caddies!)
- half-litre satiny black thermos flask within the armrest (I've cut & arranged the plastic inside to get it fit, and I can add 2 cups as well)
- footwell & glove box battery powered LED lights

Thanks to your invaluable and tireless help, I hope I have counted nearly all I've done, added or modified, that is 30 items I think.
And you may add a few more in the boot plus those you have already seen outside. Phew!

I fear I can't find out anything more (excluding brain-teaser items indeed), can I?

I fear I can't find out anything more (excluding brain-teaser items indeed), can I?
True, I forgot some, but for new ones, do not tempt me, I have list I could add to your already made... :dddc:

True, I forgot some, but for new ones, do not tempt me, I have list I could add to your already made... :dddc:
No way!

But, just in case, have a go... :drool:

No way!

But, just in case, have a go... :drool:
Just for start, can I say:
- Leather seats
- Door cards with bottle holder on them as 2004-2005 models have

Just for start, can I say:
- Leather seats
- Door cards with bottle holder on them as 2004-2005 models have
Good suggestions but...

- I can't choose leather seats (I had them in mind previously) because I should give up on my Union Jack cover seat. Not sure either I could find them in good condition, especially the driver one, ever worn out, rubbed or pitiful. And I love fabric or, better, velvet one, much more confortable IMHO for our sometimes hot countries. Don't forget I haven't A/C and I don't want it at any price (another mod in the not to do list!).

- Bottle holder : not sure it would be an easy fit on my Mk1, and I'm fed up with the door cards mounting, dismounting and mounting back again! Mind you that I've done that 4 times, for both electric windows mechanisms & both electric & heated mirrors! It's not that easy (Rover finish was not so good after 1999 as for the 200 Mk2 & 3 series) and that's enough for me for the moment.

Any better?
As you can see, I'm a man very hard to please ! :p

Inside mods

Just one last missed and nevertheless essential for a long road:

- Bluetooth USB Pioneer radio

EDIT: so the grand total amount to 32! (you had grouped two in one, @Roverlike, regarding the steering wheel)

Can anyone tell me how I can add pics,please ?? I have a collection of pics in 'my documents' as file numbers. ..... I know that when I add one of these to an e-mail,it shows as a proper pic,not just a link. How to do the same on here ??...

Can anyone tell me how I can add pics,please ?? I have a collection of pics in 'my documents' as file numbers. ..... I know that when I add one of these to an e-mail,it shows as a proper pic,not just a link. How to do the same on here ??...
You can't do it directly from your computer.
You must upload your pics to an internet provider online storage (there are lots of them where it is free of any charge under a certain number of Mo's) then put an internet link (http:/...) in your post and your proper pics will appear here.
Job done.

4,781 - 4,800 of 4,881 Posts