MG-Rover.org Forums banner
4,821 - 4,840 of 4,881 Posts
I've done it! It's back on the road with fresh MOT!

Mis-firing low down but I think that's due to the cylinder head modification. Hoping a tooth is out but otherwise running well.
Scorpion or Piper 160 backbox wanted... Contact me if you have one for sale!!

My ZR has had this misfire since I had the headwork done.
Port and polish, offset dowel and Piper cam to name the important bits; I suspect the failing is due to cutting the guides...

We'll know in two weeks when it goes to the workshop!
Despite the misfire, it ran 163BHP.

I also sourced some mint condition early sports leathers from a ZR; no tears or creases!

Here's my baby. It's actually a 54 plate 25 but previous owners have added MG bits. I added the front bumper as the one it came with was badly damaged and I preferred the MK I bumper anyway, so bought bumper (originally green) and lights and with a few cans of paint...hey presto!

Attachments

Put a bit of effort into the ZR again; I have replaced all bushes minus subframe, gearbox and rear beam.
I knew the car was a bit loose but had no idea it was that bad until the Powerflex bushes were in!

Replaced the rear discs and pads and found a Scorpion cat-back system!
I'd say the best improvement is now being able to select a gear and the addition of the short shifter is rather encouraging!

Put a bit of effort into the ZR again; I have replaced all bushes minus subframe, gearbox and rear beam.
I knew the car was a bit loose but had no idea it was that bad until the Powerflex bushes were in!

Replaced the rear discs and pads and found a Scorpion cat-back system!
I'd say the best improvement is now being able to select a gear and the addition of the short shifter is rather encouraging!

the rear beam and brake reaction bar bushes were probably one of the best things ive done to the car

4,821 - 4,840 of 4,881 Posts