MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm seeking some help the mg zr 160. The airbag isn't doing its self diagnostic check ie turn on the ignition and the airbag light should go out after 6 seconds (I think) and if there is a fault it lights up again. The airbag light just remains on. Any ideas what would stop the airbag ecu from doing a self diagnostic?
Prior to this the airbag light has always done a self test. I've wiggled the wires under the front seats and unplugged and cleaned up the connections and reconnected.
Obviously I'll need to have the ecu read for error codes. I always thought the airbag ecu did the self test regardless.
Many Thanks In advance

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
The srs light staying on indicates that the self diagnostics has found a fault in the system. More often than not the connections under the front seats, but can be other components in the system.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This morning an indie mechanic visited and tried to read any codes stored on the srs ecu and all it stated was no comms, the connections under the seat have been soldered together and replaced the rotary coupler and srs ecu, both the rotary coupler and srs ecu are known to be ok (were when i removed them), cleaned up the airbag connectors. Beyond replacing the seat belt pretensioners - the same fault still remains. Neither srs ecu will perform a self diagnostic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts