MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a steering wheel, and I have the dilema of which to get. This is made a bit more difficult as I wouldn't mind having one that'd work across the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, although from what i've seen i'm not going to find one am I? I've seen this and the results seem to stack up as being good. A few places list it as being PC and PS3 compatible, that right? Anyone got one or used one? I realise the best of the bunch is the Logitech G27 but I think that's a little out of my league for a relative noob with wheels, and even that doesn't work on the 3 does it?. Any advice would be great! ..Oh and no hurry but i've reserved one of them at argos.. :shh:

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
I never got on with any of the Logitech ones back in the day when I used to spend alot of cash on wheels for my PC, no idea what the new ones are like tho. Am massively impressed with the Xbox one but doesn't work properly with the PC as they never released new drivers for it, which is a massive shame.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
+1 on the 360 one!

i was deverstated when i had to sell it!!

was amazing, LOVED the forcefeed back when it trys to rip the wheel rom ur hands haha

never tried it on the PC though...

what exactly doesnt work on it.. the force feed back?

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
You won't get much better than the Logitech's I'm afraid. I use a Driving Force Pro which is relatively cheap and xbox/ps3/pc compatible. Best ones on the market are the Logitech G25 and G27 second to none. Honestly, even try the cheap Logi compared to the Xbox wheel and you'll be using hte latter to hold open doors.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up getting the Logitech in the end, only had a little play as i've got to find something or bodge something to sit it on. Looks good so far though, like the first time I got one years ago I think it'll take a bit of getting used to!

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
Ended up getting the Logitech in the end, only had a little play as i've got to find something or bodge something to sit it on. Looks good so far though, like the first time I got one years ago I think it'll take a bit of getting used to!
What one? G25, G27 or DFGT. I am getting DFGT as clutch don't work and gear shifter feels like it is off a Citroen on the G series so there is no point for me and I don't want to spend like £300 on a wheel.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep i've got the driving force gt. It's good though i'm yet to find a table or one of the many contraptions to mount it properly.

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
Yer that's the only thing I need to find, a table, I am going to use my old bed side cabinet and eventually make a proper table etc, I need it at a particular height to see my TV and be comfortable. Getting the driving force GT next week, Dirt 2 will be getting a hammering.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't really come back to this thread I see, I didn't touch the wheel really in the end, as I had nowhere to mount it. That is until I got a Wheel Stand Pro, great bit of kit! :broon:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts