MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i watched a show where the police pulled over some overseas people wizzing  at 114 kms and cost them 80 of there pounds/ 14 kms over the limit ,62 mph speed limit thats slow.

·
Registered
mg_zs
597 Posts
114km/s is pretty fast you know.

I think the space shuttle does that in peak orbit velocity.

Also 60mph is fast if you're in a 30 zone.

·
Registered
mg_zs
597 Posts
The general rule is that the police will pull you over for doing +10 the speed limit and ticket you for +15.

That isn't a law, it's just a general principle of how they gauge it.

They still can do you for 61mph so that usually comes down to driver's attitude and whether he was putting other drivers at risk.

The limit is 60, which means by law you shouldn't exceed that ever, except in an emergency. 60 is the MAXIMUM speed for that road to guarantee the safety of you and other drivers in all normal circumstances.

The law is not there to cherry pick your car, it's there to allow everyone to know what's what.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was buying a set of tyres once for my mini, I was ordering them in special because they didn't stock 12 inch tyres. Anyway I ended up having an argument with the guy because the tyres I had on were rated to like 150mph and the ones I was ordering was rated to like 120. He was saying they wasn't good enough and I needed more expensive ones for the speed rating.
My argument was the speed limit is 70, and it was a 1275 with a straight cut box and a short diff for acceleration, not top end so it prob wouldn't even make 100mph if my life depended on it, so why did I need 150 mph tyres when 120mph tyres would be well over the top for what it was capable of...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts