MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, anyone on here use talktalk as their ISP, in particular the Fibre service?

just wanted to know if in reality, it was good or not, reviews via google suggest they are very poor but I think in general people only post negative reviews

so, anyone on here use it? is it reliable? customer service?

ta

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,927 Posts
I can't speak about the domestic service but my wife runs a small charity that uses the business service and the customer service even with paying extra because it's classed as a business line is dreadful, it's not so much that the fact that service often goes down (both phone and internet) for days and sometimes weeks it's the fact no one seems to give a flying you know what..

·
Registered
83 Posts
One of the worst companies you could ever deal with, full stop. Shocking customer services, slow speeds, crap TV boxes and if you have anything wrong with the line Openreach pretty much put you at the bottom of the list.

If your after a cheap reliable service give SSE (The electric company) a go. It was the last provider I used before moving to Canada. Speed was good and their customer service was excellent, they also didn't hold you into a contract.

The Technicolor modem they gave me was pretty good and much better than the pile of Huawei crap that Talk Talk use. The modem allowed you to switch certain devices on and off which was great as all the kids devices went off at 9pm everyday, allowing me to control how much online time they had.

I use Eastlink here in Canada which is pretty much the same as Virgin media regarding technology and speeds.

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
I have a Tiscali email, it was free to sign up in 2006, since then TalkTalk bought them out, never been an issue until last month, had a snotty email stating that unless you pay for TalkTalk TV/Broadband then you have to pay £50 per year to continue to use the email service, regardless if you are using the email or not, not paying customers email accounts will be locked out/shut down in January, totally vile behaviour to legacy customers, I asked them on Twitter if they could at the most offer a forwarding service to re-direct emails to an alternate account, I might as well talk to a wall, just got a generic reply from a bot, about 200 othet people like my idea and bombarded them, no reply, feel free to use these scum bags but I wouldnt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts