MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
other_mg
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The warning lights are back and it is irritating! a year ago a crank position sensor was changed and my christmas tree lights all went back to normal.

One MG Zs 12000 miles for sale shortly..

·
Registered
other_mg
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now getting bleedin' irritated.
Seat Bolster clip fell off again, door handles sticking again, TCS etc lights still coming on for no reason. getting seriously cheesed off at being a beta tester!
Savage depreciation as well!
Praise the lord i didn't buy on a pcp or I'd be up the swannee without a paddle/

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Oh dear, what is the reg of the car? My 18 reg doesn't seem to have any of the issues that you've mentioned apart from the sticking door handle.

My VIN says that the car was made in factory G and not in Z of the 68 reg and newer.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
SDPW7BBDAHG and 6 numbers
Thanks, my VIN is SDPW7CBDAJG then 6 numbers which means my car was made from the same factory.

It seems like the first ZS models from 2017 had the most issues.

BTW, where are you seeing that the depreciation is savage?

Edit: just found an 18 reg ZS 1.5 Exclusive for £11,000.

Cheers..

·
Registered
other_mg
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When the Mg dealer offers £8300 2 months ago as a trade in against a brand new car, That is SAVAGE depreciation...Now about £8000 just had full 2nd service too.

I may well just take the hit and return to KIA.

·
Registered
rover_600
97 Posts
Your Christmas lights sounds like a line of code is missing from the The ECU, I suspect that there will be a software update that will cure your problem. The question is why the dealer has not addressed the problem when the car was in for its second service.
The issue should be dealt with under warranty does not matter what the fault is if you have kept up the service protocol then a fault such your Christmas tree lights should be dealt with by the dealer and paid for by the maker. The old goods not fit for purpose line should move them into action. Even drop the chief exec a letter you might be surprised how quickly they sort out your problem.
Best of luck
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good luck trying to get anywhere talking to MG Direct. From my experience they just aren't interested in dealing with the customer and customer care is non existent from the dealings I have had

1 - 11 of 11 Posts