MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just done a repair on the TF's resistor pack using the instructions found on the forum but i still don't have the fan working on number 1.

The resistors used are the Maplins 10watt Wire wound Resistors

The values used are 1.5ohm, 0.56ohm and 0.22ohm. Used an 0.56 as that was the closest they had to the recommended 0.6ohm.

Can anyone please shed a light on why it's not working on number 1?

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Andy.

·
Registered
mgf
3,976 Posts
First take a multi-metre and check solder to solder, just becuase the resistor is in place does not mean it is connected properly, my lads are licenced welders and solderers, they told me this, I never knew.

Also, a new part is not always a working part so the next step it to test ingoing wire to outgoing wire.....

Out with the heater pack and check, as the fan is working on the other three speeeds the fault should be on the resistor pack.

Harry

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks harry. I'll have a look. I must say that the points on the resistor pack were a bit rusty and i didn't clean them before soldering the resistors on.

I'll take it off again and clean it with a rotary brush. will update later.

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,746 Posts
I do this repair at the MERSEYSIDE MEET and find a lot of 'frosting' of the contacts, I give them a good going over with a wire brush and they work fine once solderd in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts