MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

i joined the TF community again yesterday and was driving a gorgeous TF 160 in trophy blue!

only problem is she has a hard top but that shouldn't be held against her

anyway the car has a few niggles that seem to need sorting asap (and which have escaped the owners notice!)

for a kick off the breaks are made of cheese

so i'll be throwing on some EBC green stuffs asap

can anyone link me some really good disk/pads for APs? having never planned to fit APs to bucephalus i've not looked out for deals

dont want to spend big bucks but dont want tat

the other issue is the tracking is so car out the car can chance lanes all on its own

bleeding nightmare

thing is i can hear a crunching/squeeking noise from the front left too

will get the wheel off to have a nose around but my guess is something is well off there (a few twistys at what should have been easy levels of grip for my ZR let alone a TF160 showed big issues on the front suspension)

my guess is something more than just the tracking, anything over 60 mph front end judder was really bad too

your thoughts please ladies and gents of my long lost homeland!!!!

·
Registered
33,208 Posts
I would check the wheel bearings first, mine was wandering due to a worn bearing.

Next, check each wheel to make sure that the brake isn't binding, this causes the car to wander too.

I would check them first as they are free checks.

Are the tyres wearing unevenly?

Have the car 4 wheel laser aligned. It costs around £60 at north eastern tyres and exhausts, but they are good

There is one in your area http://www.nete.co.uk/branches/north-eastern-tyre-autocare-middlesbrough-neta-1.shtm but I have only used the Newcastle one. I keep going back even though it is a 25 mile trip.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
If you want to drive to the Teesside area, 4 point laser alignment at "Derek Campbell Exhaust & Tyre Centre" (google the address) is around the £30 mark with free retesting whenever you want as long as no modification is required. In other words, if you go back for a retest and it's fine they charge nothing.

Also.. trophy blue TF 160? Hehe. :=p:

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i shall check all this asap

sadly the car isnt mine :(

its jambo225s, who is my best mate, he lent me his TF for the weekend! lol

however driving it has made me miss mine so much that Project alexander is back on track full tilt!!!!

i shall have the wheels off and check the barings and pad ware as soon as possible

thanks ian for the pads and disks link!

i'll also stick it high on axel stands and spin the wheels to check for buckleing (fingers crossed its not)

to me it feels like its massivly out on the tracking but i have a feeling something else is at play

jambo225 is renting my spax dampers and MS red springs off me so im going to fit them next week as well, while im doing that obvious probelems should jump out at me i hope

1 - 7 of 7 Posts