MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Irish F/TF meet - 05/02/2012

Alright lads!

From talking to a few people both online and offline there appears to be enough interest in an Irish F/TF meet, so I decided to get the ball rolling and put something together. We'll be sharing space at an Octane.ie Cars & Coffee morning; loads of interesting & exotic cars turn up so we're pretty much guaranteed a bit of craic and great company.

Sunday February 5th
2012 in Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin. 10.30am onwards.
Things usually die down from after 1pm-ish.

Take exit 16 from the M50, and follow the road to the complex, park up in the large car park opposite the Spar store on the immediate right upon entering the gate.

If you want exact directions then click HERE for google maps.

Take care on the approach road to the complex, it is a three lane road, and very easy to break the limit (60km/h) but it is often policed with speed traps. It goes without saying, but please take it easy coming in and leaving, as well as in the car park itself.

Some of us are a little while away so if anybody wants we can roll out afterwards and go for a run or grab some food. I'll be PMing any Irish users of the forum I've spotted over the coming weeks just incase they don't visit this ROI section much.

Let's get a list going:

1. Ryan - RB_

·
Registered
rover_sd1
99 Posts
Hey I was meant to come to this but sadly my F decided to eat it's engine.

I may still come though on the day as I'm missing mine already.

I have a lot of parts available too if anyone wants them...........and a non running F.

Let me know if anyone wants anything. I have:

• A full black leather interior (seats, door cards, steering wheel and armrest)
  • A chrome gearknob
  • a seat of MG minilite alllots with Pirrelli P6000 tyres (lots of tread)
  • Jack set including bag
  • Handbooks in leather case
  • 2 orange indicator lenses
  • very good windbreaker, the name escapes me but it comes with a bag to store it in the boot.
  • a non running F
Finally I have a hardtop in near perfect condition which has been paid for and needs collection from Blessington, Co.Wicklow. It has been paid for but needs collection so I'll accept paypal payment for that and you can arrange collection with it's keeper. (it's dark met. red)

Anyway PM me if you are interested in anything. The car is located in Nenagh, Co.Tipperary and I can arrange delivery of parts anywhere along the M7 between Nenagh and Wicklow town.

John

·
Registered
mgf
806 Posts
Hey I was meant to come to this but sadly my F decided to eat it's engine.

I may still come though on the day as I'm missing mine already.

I have a lot of parts available too if anyone wants them...........and a non running F.

Let me know if anyone wants anything. I have:

• A full black leather interior (seats, door cards, steering wheel and armrest)
  • A chrome gearknob
  • a seat of MG minilite alllots with Pirrelli P6000 tyres (lots of tread)
  • Jack set including bag
  • Handbooks in leather case
  • 2 orange indicator lenses
  • very good windbreaker, the name escapes me but it comes with a bag to store it in the boot.
  • a non running F
Finally I have a hardtop in near perfect condition which has been paid for and needs collection from Blessington, Co.Wicklow. It has been paid for but needs collection so I'll accept paypal payment for that and you can arrange collection with it's keeper. (it's dark met. red)

Anyway PM me if you are interested in anything. The car is located in Nenagh, Co.Tipperary and I can arrange delivery of parts anywhere along the M7 between Nenagh and Wicklow town.

John
John,
How much you looking for the leather seats and door panels ( cards )

how come you don't try for an engine, they are available???

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
Shame this isn't in a couple of months, a couple of my fellow Merseysiders might have been up for a boat trip over.

Good luck with this. :broon:

·
Registered
mgf
806 Posts
There's a VVC engine for sale in Moycullen from a BRM. I got the calipers and carriers from it.
How much did you pay for the calipers were they front or rear. I have a pair of PERFECT fronts & discs from MGF 2000 Mk2, if anyone intertested. I got 4 pots & 304 discs over from Martin Smith in UK.:bgrin2:

·
Registered
mgf
806 Posts
Shame this isn't in a couple of months, a couple of my fellow Merseysiders might have been up for a boat trip over.

Good luck with this. :broon:
Ah come over anyway the more the merrier, we need the support as the MG interest is'nt as big here, so its difficult to get numbers, you don't have that problem, as i saw when I went over to the MGFest in Gaydon:getcoat:

·
Registered
rover_sd1
99 Posts
John,
How much you looking for the leather seats and door panels ( cards )

how come you don't try for an engine, they are available???
Just spotted this now!

Afraid it's the usually story of time and money. The passat I was driving when I dropped into you earlier in the year spat its dummy over Christmas. Christmas eve in fact and required a 4 figure repair. Bye bye mgf budget sniff sniff

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
Ah come over anyway the more the merrier, we need the support as the MG interest is'nt as big here, so its difficult to get numbers, you don't have that problem, as i saw when I went over to the MGFest in Gaydon:getcoat:

Pah, we struggle somtimes lol, just set somthing up every 2 months pal, we may come to one of them in the future !

·
Registered
372 Posts
How much did you pay for the calipers were they front or rear. I have a pair of PERFECT fronts & discs from MGF 2000 Mk2, if anyone intertested. I got 4 pots & 304 discs over from Martin Smith in UK.:bgrin2:
Got them for €50/60 iirc. Got a good deal on mintex discs and got braided hoses yesterday. So just got to find a set of pads I like.
If I hear of anyone looking for them I'll keep you in mind!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only 2 weeks to go now :D Just noticed my google maps link in the first post goes to a different location than where we're meeting, but take exit 16 off the m50 and follow the directions I posted and you can't miss it.

Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing the cars!

Ryan

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just about to put my name down when I realised the Galway Rally is on that weekend... Next time ye have one lads count me in:broon:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good day with some epic cars but sadly I didn't see any MGF or TF owners :lol:

Maybe a summer meet would work out better...

·
Registered
mgf
806 Posts
Good day with some epic cars but sadly I didn't see any MGF or TF owners :lol:

Maybe a summer meet would work out better...

Sorry RB could'nt make it up today. did you say there was no MGF or TF's there???

And I needed a pump up on the Hydro I'm down to 310mm at the mo.

When is the summer run on or proposed? hope this won't put anyone off from goin to the next one, thanks for organising please don't give up on us.
If you were prepared to come south a little it might help. I would personally call to the F & TF owners down here to go if it was a reasonable distance.:ireland:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry RB could'nt make it up today. did you say there was no MGF or TF's there???

And I needed a pump up on the Hydro I'm down to 310mm at the mo.

When is the summer run on or proposed? hope this won't put anyone off from goin to the next one, thanks for organising please don't give up on us.
If you were prepared to come south a little it might help. I would personally call to the F & TF owners down here to go if it was a reasonable distance.:ireland:
If you're up around Wexford anytime soon send me a PM on here and we'll organise a pump up :)

I'd be interested in a summer meet anyway, but I guess it would be wise to get an idea of how many people would be interested in attending one first.

·
Registered
mgf
806 Posts
If you're up around Wexford anytime soon send me a PM on here and we'll organise a pump up :)

I'd be interested in a summer meet anyway, but I guess it would be wise to get an idea of how many people would be interested in attending one first.

Well There are a lot of ZR owners in Ireland but not many on here. Its just to promote a meet and try and inform as many MG owners as possible. And I know it takes time to organise but don't give up. I think the weather has to be right on the day and thats anyones guess but we might just get lucky if we can organise a few meets. If I'm around Wexford I'll give you a shout your in Gorey is it?

·
Registered
mg_tf
109 Posts
Hey, sorry I didn't make it to the meet. Was in Glasgow visiting relatives instead. I'd be up for another though providing I'm available when planned (should be) :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts