MG-Rover.org Forums banner

701 - 703 of 703 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #702
It won't be until Saturday until I find out one way or another. Don't worry folks. I'll keep you posted.

Oh. By the way. It would appear that there are other members here that frequent the Jaguar forums!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
Right folks. Update time.

It was light enough and dry enough to have a go at the Jag. I turned the steering to full lock and removed the screw. It was a bit tricky pulling the panel away, but I managed it. With the aid of a torch, I peered inside. There was just enough room to get my hand inside and remove the plug from the sounder unit. I then went inside and replaced fuse 75. Success!

The only other thing I had to do was to clear the fault code with my Reader. To make sure that all was well. I turned the engine off. Removed the Reader and started the car again. The EML stayed off. I have climate control and my folding wing mirrors again! So, what of the future?

I am looking at replacing the batteries inside the sounder unit. The Ni-Cads inside the unit are well past their 'shelf life'. I have seen a picture of an opened unit (The batteries were a mess). If I can get the unit out and opened. I'll be using Ni-mh cells.

701 - 703 of 703 Posts