MG-Rover.org Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
2 Posts
Help me

In photo 2 what is that cable to that has this white end on it that is lying on the inter cooler pipe I need to know as it is unplugged an car find were it goes thanks

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
In photo 2 what is that cable to that has this white end on it that is lying on the inter cooler pipe I need to know as it is unplugged an car find were it goes thanks
I believe thats the connection for the aircon pump

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did this at the weekend, and has made a world of difference!! car now idleas well.
didn't take the radiator out, and was OK but the torx bolt on the plate was a complete :taz: to get out....

I now have small leak to the top of the injectors so need to get the fuel feed pipes reset and things should be all good.

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
R45 Sudden heavy loss of power, poor starting, noisey engine, can this be a Solenoid

Hi,

My car (2001 rover 45 diesel) suddenly lost 80% of its power, could hardly accelerate, makes a lot of noise like a tractor, won't even pull away & difficult to start, could this be a symptom of a failed Injection pump solenoid, the garage says there is a fault code coming from the injection pump.

They quoted me £500 to repair saying due to the coding of the pump to the immobilizer I couldn't get a secondhand unit. Which thanks to the forum I know is incorrect.

Also the engine has done 120k miles, recent new glows, belts, MAF. I was having difficultly starting with lots of white smoke in the winter which went away in the summer, suspected timing, but could this have been a symptom of the solenoid beginning to fail?

Any other parts of the injection pump that would likely be causing this, so not cost effective to just replace the solenoid, is it better to recondition my pump like the garage suggests?

Many thanks in advance..

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
The garage says they have checked the timing and everything lines up. with an error code pointing to the pump, but I'm not sure exactly what the code was. I've heard everybody talking about Tractor syndrome but most seem to have enough power to drive their cars, mine you couldn't move it forward at all without the engine cutting out.

·
Registered
mg_zs
23 Posts
I had similar loss of power - couldn't even pull off and it was the MAF - try unplugging the MAF so see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
rover_45
6 Posts
Just replaced mine. Fitted an old one (off a spare pump) last year and it failed again. Just fitted a new one. Followed guide both times - well done to the OP!
Bosch solenoids currently cost about £180 - found a Ford part (but genuine Bosch solenoid) for £120 on ebay. Full Transit kit is part No 1362312 but the solenoid was in a separate bag with part No 1355272 - someone may be able to find it even cheaper.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts