MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I have an MG TF 04 reg. Sadly, my partner died in September and the car has a few unfinished jobs - mainly putting parts (which I have) back on the vehicle. I have a list of jobs he did and a "to do" list. I have no idea where to go from here. I've been told the car is definitely worth finishing off. I can't decide whether I should find someone to do the work and then I keep it, or sell it to someone who could finish the jobs and enjoy driving it.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts.

TIA.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hi Sue, welcome to the Forum, there are lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here. May I suggest you indicate your area and maybe one will help you out. Failing that I'm sure one of the Mobile Mechanics attached to the Forum would come to your rescue. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sue, welcome to the Forum, there are lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here. May I suggest you indicate your area and maybe one will help you out. Failing that I'm sure one of the Mobile Mechanics attached to the Forum would come to your rescue. Good luck

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Depending upon how urgent it is, wait a little while to see if anyone can help then, if not, contact Dave and Kayleigh who will probably sort you out Tel:07595708278

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
My condolences for your loss.
Is it only minor parts that need replacing, or engine/ gearbox type stuff? Costs could mount up if you pay someone to do it. I spend hours and hours when restoring stuff, often more time than the finished product is worth. It would really depend on how attached you are to the car, and what it is worth to you? If you don’t know now, maybe take your time to decide and have someone look at it.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss.

If you are going to enjoy the car get it finished and do so, if it is going to be a chore and then just sit on the driveway then I am sure your partner would understand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts