MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
He says it has all the history so that should reveal if it's Jap spec, or whether it has been made to appear Jap.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
5 Posts
If it is a jap import and not an FDH then it will have done some miles in japan then had new dials fitted over here. My one has all the mot certificates and the first one was in km so I was able to work out the true mileage.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
the real JDM ones have tiny plastic arch extensions on the front wings and a chunky aftermarket looking 3rd brake light under the boot lid spoiler which are often not fitted when a owner is replicating the JDM spec.

some have a fire extinguishers and flare gun aswell to comply with Japanese regulations left in.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
5 Posts
Mine has a flare and the centre brake light and wheel arch extensions. I also have the paper work for the importing back into the country. They also come with a metal fuel cap and the writing for the fuses and under the bonnet and sun visor are in japanese. I'm sure they also are all full leather and have A/C as well but not 100% on that.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,299 Posts
DVLA vehicle check gives date of first registration as 31st January 1998, so it has clearly been imported from elsewhere.

Re-registered on an age related M plate would indicate that its date of first use is between August 1994 and July 1995.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 220 turbo has the plastic arcs ,the flare holder, the Japanese writing and was imported to NZ in 1999 from Japan . So there you go ,there were are few that stayed there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts